Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

where do you keep your most valuable names?

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tekz999

The way you ask your question is funny. Its like you want to steal domains.. haha.. but I think you mean which registrar do we recommend? well, I recommend godaddy.

dodo1

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Do not register domains at GoDaddy or RegisterFly!

Moniker.com is a pretty good registrar and NetworkSolutions.com is good too.

stevo

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Moniker. I just recently began transferring the bulk of my names there. Procrastination concerning the well documented troubles at Registerfly nearly cost me some valuable names.

WeBuyThe.Com

WE BUY DOMAINS
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
There are many threads on this topic..Moniker always gets metioned

domaingirl

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Do not register domains at GoDaddy or RegisterFly!

Moniker.com is a pretty good registrar and NetworkSolutions.com is good too.

What's wrong with GoDaddy?

Duckinla

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
What's wrong with GoDaddy?

Not really for professional domainers. Several issues have been brought up in other threads. They are not really "domainer friendly". Better for the casual customer who owns 1 or a few domains. Also, just like registerfly, not hard to imagine Bob P. spending all the revenues on something un-businesslike.

Poker

Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well, add registerfly to the list and you got the jackpot

Stuff LOL... some of us oldschoolers can appreciate your humor :)

Also, just like registerfly, not hard to imagine Bob P. spending all the revenues on something un-businesslike.

...Duck just when I was beginning to think your all about personal freedom :)

elmister

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Also, just like registerfly, not hard to imagine Bob P. spending all the revenues on something un-businesslike.

Maybe Bob P. has a chihuahua also :cheesy:

DaJackel

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I use Moniker.com, love them there.

domaingirl

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I'll check out the other threads since I have close to 1,000 domains with GoDaddy.

Cartack

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The way you ask your question is funny. Its like you want to steal domains.. haha.. but I think you mean which registrar do we recommend? well, I recommend godaddy.

lol, I see your point...

I am just wondering if people keep their premium names regged at places like moniker, namecheap or do if they move them to more established registrars... When i look up alot of premium names they are almost always at netsol.

ColdGin

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Moniker....

anderson33

DNF Newbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Moniker and Network Solutions. If you call Network Solutions and tell them you are transferring domains out due to pricing they will give you a better deal. I got $9.99 from them on all my renewals and transfers. I split between them both as I do not like to keep all my eggs in one basket. Look at what happend at registerfly. That almost put some domainers out of business.

Poker

Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
lol, I see your point...

I am just wondering if people keep their premium names regged at places like moniker, namecheap or do if they move them to more established registrars... When i look up alot of premium names they are almost always at netsol.

A major reason for that is that netsol was basically the only game in town when most of the premiums were bought. Unless the owner is a volume investor they probably just leave them there and some volume investors probably feel like it's not worth the trouble/risk of transferring some names that were regged there.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I'll check out the other threads since I have close to 1,000 domains with GoDaddy.
About 3K domains on the way out of GoDaddy to...Moniker.

Not really for professional domainers. Several issues have been brought up in other threads. They are not really "domainer friendly". Better for the casual customer who owns 1 or a few domains. Also, just like registerfly, not hard to imagine Bob P. spending all the revenues on something un-businesslike.
Seems to really be showing lately, doesn't it? One has to wonder why he keeps postponing his IPO.

Moniker and Network Solutions. If you call Network Solutions and tell them you are transferring domains out due to pricing they will give you a better deal. I got $9.99 from them on all my renewals and transfers.
All you have to do is tell Moniker you are a member of this forum and the cost is...$6.95. Transfers and regging...$6.95.

where do you keep your most valuable names?
In my head.

RatherGood

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Seems to really be showing lately, doesn't it? One has to wonder why he keeps postponing his IPO.

Postponed? It failed once it got out that GoDaddy doesn't turn a profit under GAAP.

How wise is it to entrust names of value with a profitless company?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators