Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

where do you keep your most valuable names?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ibydesign

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have had disastrous experiences with NetSol; Of course that was in the mid and late 90's. But I'll never return. Several of my clients have also. I'd rather not deal with GoDaddy at all, but is a necessity for frequent domain buyers (which I do), but it is only a transitional registrar for me. I favor Moniker, for a lot of reasons. I have only a very short wishlist with them, and they are always improving.

edyst3

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I haven't tried moniker yet. But in my opinion, godaddy gives good service.

I need some logical reasons why godaddy is not a good domain registrar.

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have had disastrous experiences with NetSol; Of course that was in the mid and late 90's. But I'll never return. Several of my clients have also. I'd rather not deal with GoDaddy at all, but is a necessity for frequent domain buyers (which I do), but it is only a transitional registrar for me. I favor Moniker, for a lot of reasons. I have only a very short wishlist with them, and they are always improving.

I agree 100%

I haven't tried moniker yet. But in my opinion, godaddy gives good service.

There are a lot worse than Godaddy, but like the other Guys, i am too transferring out slowly all Godaddy domains to Moniker.
Many reasons. One main one is cost.
Another is Godaddy seem fine till you hit a problem.
Support is poor imo.
Email support is poor. When you ring up, they are nice people i admit.
If someone tries to revers hijack one of your names. Godaddy bill you a charge, lock it down & you have no say, list goes on. Check out the registrar forum & you will see a good many negative threads about Godaddy, have a good read is my advice.
Good Luck.

Not really for professional domainers. Several issues have been brought up in other threads. They are not really "domainer friendly". Better for the casual customer who owns 1 or a few domains. Also, just like registerfly, not hard to imagine Bob P. spending all the revenues on something un-businesslike.

Re; GODADDY:
I agree. It is always in the back of my mind too, that he might do a Robert Maxwell & disappear with the loot

I could be mistaken, but I think Bob Flynt, I mean Larry Parsons withdrew the IPO three times in total.

LOL :cool:

B.King

Hard Ass™
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Imo Fabulous are the best registrar out there , Their executive lo0ck feature for valuable domains is great the pricing is awesome as well

DNP

Trust & Reliability
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
godaddy. moniker. enom.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
What's wrong with GoDaddy?
Deception, lies, illegal practices, pitiful customer support, inept and ill trained customer support, illegal practices, lies, deception...read all that dribble here:

DNFORUM.com

http://www.dnforum.com/showthread.php?t=203502
http://www.dnforum.com/showthread.php?t=204742

NamePros.com

http://www.namepros.com/legal-issues-and-disputes/282585-what-the-f-is-going-tdnam.html
http://www.namepros.com/legal-issues-and-disputes/284914-f-ed-again-by-godaddy-tdnam.html

Some repeat content but this will give you an idea of how poor of an infrastructure GoDaddy is.

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
godaddy. moniker. enom.

Hey dude,
you've got a diamond buried in the rough!
No not new-york.org (although that is a pearl :smilewinkgrin:)............
Moniker! LOL

muris

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Moniker is my target for consolidation.
GD seems fine until you are hit w/ the real problems.

faster

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I find them all hard to trust, there are some real horror stories going around. judging from posts Moniker is the way to go where possible, I'll have used mainly godaddy, although recently they have had a few horror stories in particular! Will have to try moniker I have heard less bad things about them and many good things about them!

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Will have to try moniker I have heard less bad things about them and many good things about them!
I think one thing you will find on this forum is the straight up...no one holds back any punches.

Good or bad, agree or disagree...the folks here speak their mind and their opinion.

But thats what a forum is all about...exchange of information and ideas...and

:deadhorse:
:plane: BATTLE! :laser:
:fencing:​

Newton

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Imo Fabulous are the best registrar out there , Their executive lock feature for valuable domains is great the pricing is awesome as well

Fabulous is also my number 1 choice .. simply excellent

garry4ads

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I am not a big Domainer. But I get registrations/transfers at 5.95USD at 1&1. Anything wrong with 1&1 ?

GAMEFINEST

PURE SAVAGE
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
godaddy, dynadot....1and1.....directnic...etc etc

domaingirl

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Just curious because a some people are saying that what happened to Registerfly can happen to GoDaddy. Isn't GoDaddy huge? How long have each been around?

Just asking because transferring out so many domains is going to cost me at least $10K.

Varchar

ArcadeScript.Com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am surprised that no one mentioned enom and dynadot (on the first page of this thread, that is)... Godaddy is also good.. but I mainly use enom and dynadot now. One thing I don't like about godaddy is it tries to sell too much of other stuff that I don't need. Enom and dynadot on the other hand, are much more straight forward.

RatherGood

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Just curious because a some people are saying that what happened to Registerfly can happen to GoDaddy. Isn't GoDaddy huge? How long have each been around?

Just asking because transferring out so many domains is going to cost me at least $10K.

It can really happen with any registrar since there are no real consequences for what is basically criminal negligence. ICANN will pull the accreditation, case closed.

As far as GoDaddy goes they are indeed huge. They are also profitless and have an egomaniac CEO. They will also do anything to make a buck, including disable and/or ransom customer domains.

stevo

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Transferring that many names would be a large task as to the authorization codes. The cost for you will probably be less than at Godaddy. Try this thread for special Moniker pricing.

http://www.dnforum.com/showthread.php?t=188457&highlight=moniker+special+pricing

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom