Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

cctld Where is Jack Splat?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rhubarb_media

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
My domain is now GONE - either sold out from under me or redirected. Kevin, did you just sell MY domain?? If anyone - anyone - can help me - my business has just been shut down by all this. All my marketing and sweat building a successful, ethical media company stalled. We bought through barter www.rhubarb.ca little over 2 years ago - Kevin was to hand over the domain upon us completing our side of the bargain - we did in spades!! Yokee character and yokee.com website creative (totaling $2600)

Last edited:

democrat

Level 7
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
My domain is now GONE - either sold out from under my or redirected. Kevin, did you just sell MY domain?? If anyone - anyone - can help me - my business has just been shut down by all this. All my marketing and sweat building a successful, ethical media company stalled. We bought through barter www.rhubarb.ca little over 2 years ago - Kevin was to hand over the domain upon us completting our side of the bargun - we did in spades!! Yokee character and yokee.com website creative (totaling $2600)

Can you not call him? It seems like you have his number... Sorry for your loss mate

theinvestor

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Since you have exhausted all efforts to contact the member via the forum and by telephone.

Post his full information on the forum since ALL members should be aware to not deal with the member off and on the forum.

rhubarb_media

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Jack Splat/ Kevin Farrell from Ottawa, now Calgary SW sold the domain out from under us. No warning, nada. 3 years of building our business, using the domain (which he promised us would always be ours), branding our company around it and on Friday our website goes down and is replaced by Google ads for rhubarb whatever! Now I have no website, emails AND the $2600 of which he promised to pay us by trading www.rhubarb.ca is now still owed. He sold it Jan 29, 2009 - pretty close to the date I started poking around this forum. If anyone runs into Kevin Farrell, run!

democrat

Level 7
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Jack Splat/ Kevin Farrell from Ottawa, now Calgary SW sold the domain out from under us. No warning, nada. 3 years of building our business, using the domain (which he promised us would always be ours), branding our company around it and on Friday our website goes down and is replaced by Google ads for rhubarb whatever! Now I have no website, emails AND the $2600 of which he promised to pay us by trading www.rhubarb.ca is now still owed. He sold it Jan 29, 2009 - pretty close to the date I started poking around this forum. If anyone runs into Kevin Farrell, run!

Could there be some misunderstanding? Did you guys have anything on paper? Does anyone else know of the dealings you had going on? I am really sorry this happened to you. You should have all that stuff on your host. Just the name servers change. I would presume..

I pray that you get this resolved!

GAMEFINEST

PURE SAVAGE
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
he has some bad ass names

jaydub

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Belzibut

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
As I said in the PM. Just get rhubarbs.ca so you won't loose your branding efforts and tell people your company grew bigger ;)

My domain is now GONE - either sold out from under me or redirected. Kevin, did you just sell MY domain?? If anyone - anyone - can help me - my business has just been shut down by all this. All my marketing and sweat building a successful, ethical media company stalled. We bought through barter www.rhubarb.ca little over 2 years ago - Kevin was to hand over the domain upon us completing our side of the bargain - we did in spades!! Yokee character and yokee.com website creative (totaling $2600)

whitebark

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
You seem to have documented everything fairly well so initiate a court claim. You know his full name and where he lives - that's all you need to get started... besides the associated fees of course.

democrat

Level 7
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Did you get this straightened out? It seems like a different web page is on there now..

rhubarb_media

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yokee is still out there at www6.ca - although he's since pulled down "Yokee" illustration we did and styling on this site. (I have it all documented though - screen shot and dated. He did the same when I saw he was using Yokee as his avetar. Took it down once he saw I was poking around.

Thanks for all your help everyone. We are pursuing the case - I have tonns of proof - as for now we are back up with rhubarbmedia.ca - Rising from the ashes!!

Jacksplat

No time to chit-chat
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Couldnt sleep and ran across this thread (again).

For the record, I've been here twice in a year or more. I'm very busy, but still domaining among assorted auction houses, developing a little as well. I've gotten some email notices for threads I'm subscribed to and some pm's which I've read in email as well, so I'm updated on the issue the rhubarb guy keeps jabbering about. I've spoken to him a very long time ago and at that time I chose not to waste any more time. If any of you think I would pay 2600$ for a freeking avatar, then your also out of you mind. He's joined this forum solely to annoy me. He's left me some negative feedback as well. I could complain but I'd rather see if dnforum takes it upon themselves to delete it. It's quite obvious he's stalking me.

I'm not going to take the time to explain the transaction simply because I don't give a rats arse at this point.

Anyhow, I've probably dealt with each and every one of the people commenting in this thread. I'm a little suprised to see some even paying attention to him. Either way, I'll be back whenever I'm around a desktop.

Jack

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Hey Kevin, welcome back.

*burp*

theinvestor

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Couldnt sleep and ran across this thread (again).

For the record, I've been here twice in a year or more. I'm very busy, but still domaining among assorted auction houses, developing a little as well. I've gotten some email notices for threads I'm subscribed to and some pm's which I've read in email as well, so I'm updated on the issue the rhubarb guy keeps jabbering about. I've spoken to him a very long time ago and at that time I chose not to waste any more time. If any of you think I would pay 2600$ for a freeking avatar, then your also out of you mind. He's joined this forum solely to annoy me. He's left me some negative feedback as well. I could complain but I'd rather see if dnforum takes it upon themselves to delete it. It's quite obvious he's stalking me.

I'm not going to take the time to explain the transaction simply because I don't give a rats arse at this point.

Anyhow, I've probably dealt with each and every one of the people commenting in this thread. I'm a little suprised to see some even paying attention to him. Either way, I'll be back whenever I'm around a desktop.

Jack

Kevin,

He never said you needed to pay him $2600. Obviously you don't wish to explain the situation ..and that proves guilt.

Jacksplat

No time to chit-chat
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hey Acro, nice seeing you here again. I miss being here daily but I'm far too busy now.

Thanks for the info draggar, I'll make a request sometime soon. 'Till then I'm happy to leave it there.

theinvestor: Nothing I've done or said proves guilt. I have nothing against you at this point, so to save agravation to me or you I'd appreciate you deleting your copy of my words and the comments you've made at my expence. I might make an effort to add more info, but to be quite frank, this is nobodys business but mine. Any comments made by the thread readers here should not come to conclusons. You have no information outside of some guy who joined this forum simply to either contact me or deface me. If I'm going to put any energy into defending myself or simply getting him to go away, I'd need to see some sort of profit or in the least I'd need to be angry enough to let my adrenaline fuel me into an effort of sorts. At this point I'm hardly bothered, just intrigued enough to actually login and comment.

Jack

burp*

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators