Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

appraise Where to start? Where to start! HireBarmen.com, HireBarMaids.com

This thread is an appraisal of the domain name requested.

Castion

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well, that explains it.
Slow down in your postings and get your facts straight, we are here to help if you need us but in the meantime please DO NOT register any more domains.

I would take it further and say.. Dont hand register domains at all.. 99.999% of them will be dropped again. No gold is left for hand regs. If you hand regged 600x .coms (without coupons) you could have invested 6K into ONE premium domain name. You can get a decent one word domain for 6K. That way you do not have to split your time between 600 names, and can focus on marketing and selling one good name that has a high chance to sell, instead of having a heap of names that have a low to no chance to sell...

Domain summit 2024

MapleDots

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I would take it further and say.. Dont hand register domains at all.. 99.999% of them will be dropped again. No gold is left for hand regs. If you hand regged 600x .coms (without coupons) you could have invested 6K into ONE premium domain name. You can get a decent one word domain for 6K. That way you do not have to split your time between 600 names, and can focus on marketing and selling one good name that has a high chance to sell, instead of having a heap of names that have a low to no chance to sell...

That's some great advice

I will add that there is an exception here though...

Look at trending subjects.... anything new that trends has a good possibility for a sale.

Example... when Trump said covfefe

It is actually documented that I offered 5k for that domain and the owner basically laughed at me.
Now he cannot get 500 bucks on sedo for it anymore because the name is no longer trending.

At the time I had plans for the domain but I knew that opportunity was time limited.

So for trending words there is sometimes money to be made if you are the first person to pull the trigger and buy the .com.
With every dozen or so you register you will probably have 1-2 sales but that is assuming you have the fastest trigger finger.

Castion

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sure there is always an exception to the rule.. But in this case you have 100K people monitoring new trends and picking up anything that resembles something valuable in a heartbeat. So I would say that almost invalidates that exception.

So when Trump said covfefe 30 seconds later covfefe.com was registered and 5 minutes later you would be buying "What does covfefe what trump said mean .com" instead.. Or like I suggested, and you did, go to the aftermarket and try to buy the proper name.

MapleDots

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Picture0017.png Picture0016.png

Hats and T-Shirts too

There is money to be made on trends and the person that had a reg fee for covfefe had my 5k and turned it down.

In fact I heard he had 25k and turned it down.

Now he has nothing, he waited too long for the sale.

Castion

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Same story with swineflu.com .. Better of buying a lasting name than watching for new trends a long with a legion of others.

Enerika

I'M ALL EARS... "FINALLY (thanks)!"
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Well, that explains it.
I guess I now a tiny bit about the .ca market ;)

@Enerika you need to figure out what extensions you are posting about and maybe make a list of your domains and post them. Then we can give you proper advice, right now you are all over the board nobody can really help you until we get more details.

You can always PM the list if you don't want to post it but I can tell you one thing with great confidence....

If your domains are .ca's instead of .com's then you just wasted a lot of registration money.
The .ca market is a totally different ballgame from .com because it is regional to Canada only.

You had best be living in Canada too because I know a few people who lost their .ca's due to non-residency.

Slow down in your postings and get your facts straight, we are here to help if you need us but in the meantime please DO NOT register any more domains.
Thanks, fellow Canadian!
I am first generation soI can truly appreciate many things here from the viewpoints of my parents, grandparents (both sides of both) and all those that came along with...Aren't we good here, though....., "AYE" !!!
Don't worry too much about me being some hard and easy, wide-eyed, domaining-stricken person here for a flash with bags of money that can't pay for brains. I am insulted.... Get to know what I am before assuming you know it all, please.
So now you "now".

Enerika

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
that is a WHOLE BUNCH of heat coming down on me ...thanks for the encouragement...
so I guess that means you wish me luck...thanks

Enerika

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

Enerika

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
QUOTE = "Hats and T-Shirts too

There is money to be made on trends and the person that had a reg fee for covfefe had my 5k and turned it down."

In fact I heard he had 25k and turned it down."= end QUOTE

Enerika(me)=
"I'm told not to take a chances on shit like that, though...more than likely a waste of time and money..."pretty well good for the garbage"... and from good sources! Here to learn and get some well meaning advice. So grateful to be in the right place."

Castion

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
that is a WHOLE BUNCH of heat coming down on me ...thanks for the encouragement...
so I guess that means you wish me luck...thanks

This was nothing personal at all and more of a general advice that you will see us give to more than one person. We are certainly encouraging you. But that also means to evolve your strategy. But see in your later post that you get our intention.

You are willing to listen and learn from others.. What 90% of new domainers refuse to do today. So to me you are off to a good start. Bad names or not ;)

MapleDots

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I'm told not to take a chances on shit like that, though...more than likely a waste of time and money..."pretty well good for the garbage"... and from good sources! Here to learn and get some well meaning advice. So grateful to be in the right place.

I've made a lot of money on domains other people have classified as shit. Even literally shit can be quite profitable when sold as fertilizer.

Covfefe is crap today but to call it shit is nothing short of absurd. The guy had 25k in is pocket for a hand reg. The only shit part of the deal was the owner of the domain did not know when to pull the trigger and let it go.

I remember even as things died down I offered him 5k and he turned me down, the last time he offered it on auction it had a high bid of $250 bucks and guess what.... that was me.

So yes the domain is shit now, but it was a golden goose piece of shit had the owner know when to make the deal.

MapleDots

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
PS.... any domain that gets a legitimate offer or sells cannot be considered as a bad domain.

The only bad domain is the one that does not sell or gets no offers.

I remember when someone said...

PureEncapsulations(com) was a piece of shit.

Hmmm.... that piece of shit is in use in commerce now.

The person arguing would not let it go.... double e piece of shit he said

HeHe..... that double ee piece of shit is up and running now.

Enerika

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
This was nothing personal at all and more of a general advice that you will see us give to more than one person. We are certainly encouraging you. But that also means to evolve your strategy. But see in your later post that you get our intention.

You are willing to listen and learn from others.. What 90% of new domainers refuse to do today. So to me you are off to a good start. Bad names or not ;)
Thanks...I was being emotional and taking advice meant well too personally and going after the ...well, biting the hand that is trying to feed me the icky (sometimes, but sometimes end up growing into actual delicacies) seeds to plant like a dummy! sorry.

Last edited:

Enerika

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
All reg'd at name.com
All expire July 2020
All independent sales

600 more .com's

WeStore.com
WinningTeeth.com
VvsSmick.com
VraiChique.com
VenturEarn.com
VegasSureBet.com
UnDisciplined.com

I made a couple of mistakes and I apologize for wasting anyone's time. One thing though, I really will not forget these two FOREVER.
Embarrassed, humiliated and disapointed in myself...thans toeveryone for setting me straight right off the bat. Can you imagine...if... Ewwwbest be somewhere where pople can set you straight on time.
Thanks again, to everyone .

Enerika

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I like UnDisciplined.com. It was regged in 2004, so you got that of the aftermarket then?
Low mid 4 figures reseller, 5 figures and beyond end user.

WeStore.com also nice.. A 1996 reg. 23 years old. Brandable but makes some sense.
Same as the other, 4 figures reseller and 5 figures end user.

EDIT
But none of them are at Name.com and none of them expire July 2020. .. You sure these are the right names?
Thanks, Castion, for the heads up ...those dumb oversights could have continued and snowballed into HUGE headaches and losses!
The next excursion I take into buying names won't be for quite a while, but/so I'll have alot of time to learn and to catch myself before .....!/? Yayyy!

Last edited:

Enerika

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
westore.com points to ministorage.net
Thank you so much...and not a minute too early for an important and helpful message...This place is a GOLDmine!
Thanks Biggie!

Enerika

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I like UnDisciplined.com. It was regged in 2004, so you got that of the aftermarket then?
Low mid 4 figures reseller, 5 figures and beyond end user.

WeStore.com also nice.. A 1996 reg. 23 years old. Brandable but makes some sense.
Same as the other, 4 figures reseller and 5 figures end user.

EDIT
But none of them are at Name.com and none of them expire July 2020. .. You sure these are the right names?
Thanks...I'm still "all ears"! (even if I feel like plugging them AND the kind messenger, at times!)

Enerika

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
That's some great advice

I will add that there is an exception here though...

Look at trending subjects.... anything new that trends has a good possibility for a sale.

Example... when Trump said covfefe

It is actually documented that I offered 5k for that domain and the owner basically laughed at me.
Now he cannot get 500 bucks on sedo for it anymore because the name is no longer trending.

At the time I had plans for the domain but I knew that opportunity was time limited.

So for trending words there is sometimes money to be made if you are the first person to pull the trigger and buy the .com.
With every dozen or so you register you will probably have 1-2 sales but that is assuming you have the fastest trigger finger.
Ya, like I took a loo at the trendy "twerking" and almost instantly thought better...who is going to want to even rememer that in the worst of dreams ten (or two) years from now
...but, then again, you NEVER know...!!!

Enerika

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I've made a lot of money on domains other people have classified as shit. Even literally shit can be quite profitable when sold as fertilizer.

Covfefe is crap today but to call it shit is nothing short of absurd. The guy had 25k in is pocket for a hand reg. The only shit part of the deal was the owner of the domain did not know when to pull the trigger and let it go.

I remember even as things died down I offered him 5k and he turned me down, the last time he offered it on auction it had a high bid of $250 bucks and guess what.... that was me.

So yes the domain is shit now, but it was a golden goose piece of shit had the owner know when to make the deal.
That's golden!

Castion

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I made a couple of mistakes and I apologize for wasting anyone's time. One thing though, I really will not forget these two FOREVER.
Embarrassed, humiliated and disapointed in myself...thans toeveryone for setting me straight right off the bat. Can you imagine...if... Ewwwbest be somewhere where pople can set you straight on time.
Thanks again, to everyone .

Enerika you are not wasting anyones time. We are all free not to post if we do not want to. And do not be so hard on yourself, as said we all make mistakes. Its how we react to them that matters and you are listening. So I am sure no one feels that their time has been wasted.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators