Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Where you park your domain name for sale?

Deleted member 322971123

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I would like to know what platform do you people use to list your domain name?

I list my domain name for sale at Sedo, Afternic and Epik.com marketplace.

Apart from listing on after marketplace, I use Epik domain landing page to park my domain name for sale.

Here is a good detailed video about the Epik legendary domain landing page.

What about you?

Domain summit 2024

alimohammad

Level 1
Reaction score
I often use Flippa Marketplace instead of marketplaces you have mentioned above. You can check it.

Siful Moni

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Usually I listed my domains in all marketplace and my domains are parked in EPIK with custom landing page design.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi

I "park" all my domains on various pay per click (ppc) platforms including:
uniregistry.com, sedo.com, voodoo.com, bodis.com, parkingcrew.com and fabulous.com

from any of those services, potential buyers can make inquiries to purchase.
as i've had sales from uni, sedo, voodoo and fabulous, and inquiries received via parkingcrew and bodis.

additionally, all of my domains are listed at afternic and i have my own site, as well.
* posted a reported BIN sale via afternic, here on the forum recently *

our str or sell thru rate is 1% >.2% out of a current list of about 300 domain names, down from a peak of 2500 during the heydays of ppc.

ppc earnings from the portfolio, still brings in $,$$$ per year, which is why i prefer ppc pages over "landers" because landers don't earn "ANY" income.... unless you get a sale.
and if no sales, then all you're doing is giving the platform free traffic.
while with ppc, those extra dollars could pay some of the renewal costs for the portfolio, while i wait for the right buyers to come along.

selling domain names is a good thing,
but it's not so easy today, to replace a similar quality name back in the portfolio...at same cost of the name you released from it.
did you get that?
so, the roi or margin of profit, has to be wide enough to compensate for increase acquisition costs of replacement.
but, that's only if you want to stay in business.
and what money do you have coming in, when there are no sales?

and when there are no sales, then you have to liquidate, solicit and sell cheap.

imo....

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I use Epik as they allow for, in my opinion, the best custom landers and the ability to develop AdSense minisites on with their free unobtrusive WordPress hosting that saves me resources by not having so many instances installed.

AntonNaydenoff

Level 1
Reaction score
My names were parked with Sedo for some time but it didn’t work very well. A few months ago I started parking with Uniregistry as their landers allow some customization. I am using the banner at the top of the page to display my phone number and email address. I set the category of ads to something relevant to the specific domain name. I can also change the link to lead to the offer page on another platform (Dan for instance). I can also redirect traffic from one name to another. For instance there was a period when I was registering the .online with the .com for handregs because it was free. So I redirect the visitors of example.online to example.com as I have no interest of trying to sell .online names. It increases exposure for a year before the .online expires.
I only park with Sedo now if I want to see what countries the traffic comes from. When it comes to listing names for sale they are listed on Sedo (+partners), Uniregistry (which lists the names automatically on GoDaddy and Afternic) and Dan.
Funny thing is I only made a few sales through Sedo once I stopped using them for parking.
Haven’t sold anything through Dan and Uniregistry. Sold a few names on Epik before and NameLiquidate. One sale on Daaz. One small sale via Facebook.

AntonNaydenoff

Level 1
Reaction score
Listing on too many marketplaces can put you in trouble though. I had the bad experience recently to sell 2 names on one platform while at the same time they sold at bargain price on another. So I had to decline transfer requests created by NameLiquidate. They were not happy about it and asked me to send them proves, so i had to make lots of screenshots to prove timing of sales.
It’s very unlikely for such things to happen if you sell at higher price, but if you are selling at bargain price and the names are kinda good, there is always a chance to sell same thing on different platforms at the same time.
I’ve noticed how sellers don’t update their portfolios for months after they make a sale. Every time I buy something in an auction for instance I have troubles listing the name for sale as it’s still listed by pervious owner. With Dan is easy as you can just message them and ask them to move the name to your account. With Uni is easy too, as they manually check if you’re trying to list a name that already exists in their database. They may ask for a screenshot just. With Sedo is a nightmare - none of their self verification methods seems to work so you have to request manual verification, but they just don’t care.

kevincook

Level 2
Reaction score
DomainSponsor, Dopa, Bodis, DomainApps, ParkingCrew,- These are some of the reputed sites for domain parking

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
DomainSponsor, Dopa, Bodis, DomainApps, ParkingCrew,- These are some of the reputed sites for domain parking

Hi

is domainsponsor.com still in business?
last i heard, they were unresponsive to communications

they were one of my favorites
we earned a lot of dough there, before their demise.

imo.....

accurate

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I mostly use Epik landers since my preferencebis to control my own domain lead data.

With Dan and Afternic you are blind.

accurate

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi

I "park" all my domains on various pay per click (ppc) platforms including:
uniregistry.com, sedo.com, voodoo.com, bodis.com, parkingcrew.com and fabulous.com

from any of those services, potential buyers can make inquiries to purchase.
as i've had sales from uni, sedo, voodoo and fabulous, and inquiries received via parkingcrew and bodis.
I just tried the mixed Dan/Bodis landers.

That worked not well for me. ☹️
additionally, all of my domains are listed at afternic and i have my own site, as well.
* posted a reported BIN sale via afternic, here on the forum recently *
Always list on Afternic.
our str or sell thru rate is 1% >.2% out of a current list of about 300 domain names, down from a peak of 2500 during the heydays of ppc.
Thanks that's good to know.
ppc earnings from the portfolio, still brings in $,$$$ per year, which is why i prefer ppc pages over "landers" because landers don't earn "ANY" income.... unless you get a sale.
and if no sales, then all you're doing is giving the platform free traffic.
while with ppc, those extra dollars could pay some of the renewal costs for the portfolio, while i wait for the right buyers to come along.
I only have one domain that earns any good PPC money.
selling domain names is a good thing,
but it's not so easy today, to replace a similar quality name back in the portfolio...at same cost of the name you released from it.
did you get that?
so, the roi or margin of profit, has to be wide enough to compensate for increase acquisition costs of replacement.
but, that's only if you want to stay in business.
and what money do you have coming in, when there are no sales?

and when there are no sales, then you have to liquidate, solicit and sell cheap.

imo....
Yeah I've had this issue.

It is getting harder to replace good quality domains for reasonable prices.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I just tried the mixed Dan/Bodis landers

That worked not well for me.
Hi

a comrade in the ppc game said that,
based on their experience, dan hybrid landers do not perform better than bodis stand alone ppc pages

BTW: i like the way you broke down my post, into separate sections to reply to. :)

imo...

accurate

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi

a comrade in the ppc game said that,
based on their experience, dan hybrid landers do not perform better than bodis stand alone ppc pages
That is good to know. Appreciate you sharing @Biggie.

Seems better to do PPC or Sales Landers. Not both.

BTW: i like the way you broke down my post, into separate sections to reply to. :)

imo...

Thanks. Makes it easier to read and understanding what is being replied to for myself and others. :)

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators