Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Where's CoolHost?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Domain Summit 2024

URLCollection

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I am having an email sent WYVERN - I think this is going to resolve shorthly. Have a good evening -

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by CPiSites
Why is it that my thread was deleted?
Again speaking on my own capacity, I don't think the deletion of that thread has anything against you in particular. There could probably be other questionable posts on that thread after we exchanged that led to its deletion, and they could very well deviate far from your original topic (you know how discussion threads very often go).

URLCollection

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks NameSlave - I only read your response and I wrote back immediatley. I never saw anything after that as I was in meetings all afternoon. Your quote - "I don't think the deletion of that thread has anything against you in particular" - I would most certaintly hope not!!! Thanks again!!!

beatz

Cool Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Still waiting for an official statement.

Btw Steve - could you send me a copy, too ?

Would be appreciated, thanks.

URLCollection

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yes beatz - I am also - I think this may work it's way out though???

tigga

DNF Regular
Reaction score
Can we at least find out why NameCaster and CoolHost were banned? In my time here I had no problems with either of them - nobody's perfect, but I didn't see any behaviour worth banning anyone for.

I'm doing an MBA at the moment and one of the first things you learn about management is that when a decision is made that will impact people, you HAVE to communicate to minimise upsetting people. This is no different.

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by beatz
NHLrat/DCG - you see, we are waiting for an official clarification.

On both how/why members are getting banned here AND why threads are deleted here although they dont contain foul language or attacks.

You mean you hadn't noticed any attacks?

From what I saw I would say that one of the banned individuals was doing his very best to upset "the management" and get banned!
Whilst I am in favour of all reasonable freedom of speech and expression, I still believe that there is a line which can be crossed from what is acceptable and what is not acceptable.
We are all here to enjoy the benefits of this forum but just because we contribute to it does not make it "ours" or mean that we can say and do whatever we like.
Like it or not this forum is owned by someone and if we decide to abuse that person or his arrangements in a public manner what can we expect?
If we have a grievance 1st try to sort it out privately with the person we have the problem with - don't go shout abuse from the rooftops and expect everything to continue the same.

Just my personal opinion.

Sharpy

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Get lives, sell domains, be happy

Beachie

Mr Flippy Returns..
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I haven't been paying much attention recently, but when did zouzas get banned?!

Maybe the reason we're getting poor auction sales is because PAID members are being banned left, right and center.

Everyone is too scared to do anything in case they get banned, yet no-one will say why these members were banned.

Will I be next, for having an opinion?

Spider

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I think DCG banned zouzas because of the forum he was trying to promote here. You know the one with the same name in a different extension.

URLCollection

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hey Beachie - Looks like we both maybe next - Ban the Platinum Members that buy and sell domain names? - So far I guess we have lost - Zouzas - NameCaster - CoolHost - just yesterday and maybe others? This is why we quit posting domains on the auction after posting every week since it started, due to lack of buyers. I think that DCG is working on the problems with these banned members - Lets just see what happens in the near future. Now we just need the answer to why they delete our threads at a whim, when we ask a few questions?

Spider

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
it's not that big of a loss cpisites, it the end it will help out the forum by them not being here.

Beachie

Mr Flippy Returns..
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Agreed Steve.

I don't want to cause trouble, but banning members for unexplained reasons just makes people paranoid, and will lead to an exponential "uprising".

Especially members like zouzas who are higher-end buyers.

URLCollection

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
OK JH3 - Personally I just want to know why my thread was taked down when I simply asked a question - I do disagree with you though - I think this place needs every paying member they can get. The more the member base the better it is for all of us and I am sure the more profitable it is for DCG, as well.

Spider

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Agree to disagree then. People like this are a virus, we are better off without them. Also what was your question? Did it have anything to do with calling out management? Did you want heads to roll because of something you dislike about how this site is being run? PM me, maybe I am wrong about this but I am glad to see coolhost and namecaster gone. As for zouzas he shouldn't have been promoting his site here, it was in very bad taste.

Fearless

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
During my reign of the kingdom, anyone that asked to be un-banned ended up coming back. In the case of Coolhost, his few hour banning caused him to cool his jets upon returning and he became one of the biggest supporters of DNF. I hope these guys are given a second err third chance.

I'm not too thrilled that the infamous NameCaster thread that I posted in several times got deleted. I hope that doesn't happen again in the future. I loved the line NameCaster wrote about the dude behind the curtain in the Wizzard of Oz and the part where he said it doesn't take much to be a bigger man than GregR. :)

DomeBase

Old Timer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by jh3
Did you want heads to roll because of something you dislike about how this site is being run? PM me, maybe I am wrong about this but I am glad to see coolhost and namecaster gone.

:confused:

Beachie

Mr Flippy Returns..
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well, maybe it was justified. I dunno, I obviously missed a thread or two..

Purely by coincidence (unless it's subconscious), I just posted Banned.net for sale. Someone please go and buy it :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators