Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Where's CoolHost?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NameGuy

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I see a definite drop in posts.... Where's CoolHost?

Domain Summit 2024

Larry

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Banned

along with namecaster (aka - mudfence)

Larry

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
GOOD RIDDENS

Reminds me of a good joke:

Al Gore is just Dan Quayle with spell checker

(get a spell checker byalik ):laugh:

beatz

Cool Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
There has already been another thread about CoolHosts banning from DNF.

Unfortunately it seems it has been deleted by the mods or whoever for whatever reason.

Deleting threads although no personal attacks or foul language had taken place only because the mods or whoever dont want people to discuss about the "why" a member has been banned is totally unacceptable in my point of view.

This place is still a COMMUNITY, so its in our very interest do discuss these things.

Censoring this or other discussions by just deleting threads the new ownership might not like is not professional.

Im saying this as a commitee member who has contributed to the commitee discussions - but that doesnt mean i will just shut up when i see things that are just wrong.

Lets see how long it takes until *this* thread gets deleted.

Larry

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
beatz!

we actually agree on something....

-this is where the picture should be of the people holding candles to protest the arbitrary and capricious banning of PLATINUM members that didn't pay the membership fee to the new owner would go..use your imagination-

the delete countdown is on.....

beatz

Cool Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I just talked to DCG and he assured me it wasnt him deleting that thread and that he is against this kind of censorship as well and that he will find out which moderator it was who deleted it.
Lets see..

Larry

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
nameslave? or good politicking by dcg?

I have no axe to grind here...I just want to see an end to the banning of platinum members who have contributed to this forum.

NameGuy

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Larry
Banned
along with namecaster (aka - mudfence)

uh..... hmmm.... Reminds me of old times.

Sorry to see this happen again. Good luck to them both.

DrWho

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by beatz
I just talked to DCG and he assured me it wasnt him deleting that thread and that he is against this kind of censorship as well and that he will find out which moderator it was who deleted it.
Lets see..

Hats off to DCG! :)

Hmmmm...deleted posts huh...let me guess... "N" ? ;)

beatz

Cool Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Uh - Namecaster got banned too ?! :confused:

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Deleting threads although no personal attacks or foul language had taken place only because the mods or whoever dont want people to discuss about the "why" a member has been banned is totally unacceptable in my point of view.
Although I cannot speak on behalf of other mods or administrators, I guess that thread was probably not deleted simply because somebody did not want to discuss the "why". I, for example, have replied to CPiSites who started the thread.

beatz

Cool Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I just talked to nhlrat in the chatroom and he admitted it was him who deleted it.
Explanation was basically: "We didnt need that kind of crap(discussion)"
He insists he was right doing so.

Well if thats the new road DNF is taking...

URLCollection

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Why is it that my thread was deleted? I have recieved many emails from CoolHost and other members regarding this matter. Since DCG says he had nothing to do with deleting my post, then why is it that is was deleted and as beatz states - "censored this community" ? I never saw another post on the thread after NameSlave responded as I was in meetings all afternoon. Since the DCG states that he does not believe in such activity and since it appears he owns this place, how about an explanation from you DCG regarding taking down my thread? There was nothing fowl in my statement. I was just surprised that CoolHost was ejected as we were dealing together on several matters and even more surprised that others have followed.

This is suppose to be a community. Good or bad we are all here to learn and market. Sometimes we may step on a few toes, but my post of this thread steped on no one. Just asked a question that it appears no one is here is prepared to answer or deal with.

Actions are followed with reactions. As a community, explanations are well deserved to all members when actions take place that effect us all. What you are seeing here is the reactions from your actions today. Very simple - Now how about the explanation that we all deserve regarding this matter.

If any one is intersted in seeing CoolHost's statements on this issue I would be happy to send it to you. I do not think it would be right to post it here. The one thing that he continues to mention is the lack of any reason or communication from anyone here at the Forum. He states that he was simply just "unpluged". He also wanted me to pass along his regards to Dr. Who and many other friends on this board.

I am, by no means, taking sides on this issue and attempt to stay out of many of the things that go on in this place. We are here to buy and sell domains and learn anything we can about our industry, as well as make a few new friends along the way. Very simple concept. Now could someone please explain to me why my thread was removed? That is it - Thanks for reading this - Steve

DrWho

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I just talked to nhlrat in the chatroom and he admitted it was him who deleted it.
Explanation was basically: "We didnt need that kind of crap(discussion)"
He insists he was right doing so.

Well if thats the new road DNF is taking...

My apologies to “N”

Dr.

beatz

Cool Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
NHLrat/DCG - you see, we are waiting for an official clarification.

On both how/why members are getting banned here AND why threads are deleted here although they dont contain foul language or attacks.

URLCollection

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
wyvern - Please PM me an email address and I will have it sent to you - that would probally be the best bet on this. Hopefully this matter can be addressed and worked out. I think DCG will be involved in solving this problem. Lets hope so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators