Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

question Which Afternic Participating Registrar Offers the Best Customer Service?

This is a general or domain name related question.

DBinSJ

Level 1
Reaction score
To qualify for "Premium Promotion" for a domain name sale on Afternic, I was advised that I must transfer registration to one of Afternic's "participating registrars."

I've been trying to transfer to GoDaddy but have run into a problem that its customer service has been unable to help me resolve.

I would like to identify a "participating registrar" with better customer service/support.

The other choices are: BulkRegister, Dynadot, enom, euroDNS (I'm in the US, so this one might not be appropriate for me), Moniker, name.com, NetworkSolutions, register.com and Tierra.net.

Any recommendations based on recent direct, personal experience would be most appreciated.

Domain summit 2024

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi

i'm in US and have used eurodns to register names.

perhaps, find out what the problem is at godaddy, before trying other registrars

as you may have same issue with them.

imo...

DBinSJ

Level 1
Reaction score
Thank you for those words of wisdom!

The difficulty I have been having with support at GoDaddy involves all three forms of support: live chat, phone support and support by messaging (opening a support ticket or emailing).

With live chat, the main problem has been that even though the reps are typing in English, they are not responding to my questions. Often, what they are typing is nonsensical and contradictory (for example, what a chat rep says is contradicted by a message I receive in response to a support ticket. Also, every round of Q&A can take several minutes. The rep types something unclear, I ask for clarification, the rep is silent for several minutes, types another unclear answer and so it goes, ad infinitum.

With phone support, I've been having much the same problem. In addition to that, my calls get dropped, after investing half an hour or more waiting and holding.

Support by messaging has been the highest quality but it can take three days to get a reply and it is of course non-interactive. In other words, if I need clarification on something, I need to wait up to another three days.

In theory, the idea of 24/7/365 support is wonderful. In reality, in my experience with GoDaddy, it hasn't been working very well.

So I'm trying to identify another registrar on Afternic's approved list with a higher quality of customer support.

If you don't mind my asking, how have you been getting support from eurodns: by live chat, phone or opening tickets? Do you tend to get direct and complete answers on your first attempt?

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi

typically, i don't have problems transferring domains.
and all CS have been responsive when needed.

if the name is in 60 day lock, then transfer to another registrar, won't go thru
also, make sure you copy and paste auth codes
make sure email address is correct

however, you can still list with afternic, without premium promotion, and the possibility of a sale could happen.
i don't do premium promotion and have sold names there.

imo...

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators