Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Which Registrar Is My "yahoo-domain" At?

timm

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi I need to transfer my domain to a new registrar. I do not know what the current registrar is to retrieve the auth code.

I thought it was yahoo, because I manage the website there. But it seems I can't retrieve the auth code there.

WHOIS looks like this:

Domain Name: ******.COM
Registrar: MELBOURNE IT, LTD. D/B/A INTERNET NAMES WORLDWIDE
Whois Server: whois.melbourneit.com
Referral URL: http://www.melbourneit.com
Name Server: YNS1.YAHOO.COM
Name Server: YNS2.YAHOO.COM
Updated Date: *****-2010
Creation Date: *****-1999
Expiration Date: *****-2019

From this Yahoo FAQ, I take it could be either:
https://help.yahoo.com/kb/yahoo-domains/learn-identify-registrar-sln18095.html

-Yahoo
-MelbourneIT
-NSI
-I also remeber it was at Earthlink before(?)

Neither of them seems to have an account when retrieving account information by domain name.

MelbourneIT: "The Registry Key for Domain Name *****.com was not able to be retrieved. This could be due to the Domain Name being managed by a Melbourne IT Reseller. Please contact your Reseller for assistance."

NSI: "This domain name does not have an Account Number/Username. Please verify your information and try again."

Earthlink: "We encountered the following condition when trying to process your request:
MCAM1011: We experienced a problem while processing your request. Please try again."

DigiNames

DigiNames.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
MelbourneIT is technically the registrar but it is possible that they have it placed under a reseller, which means you will need to identify the reseller to find out where to manage it. I think your best bet is contacting MelourneIT to explain the situation and ask them to help you manage the name or point you to the reseller website to do so. Good luck with it.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom