• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

closed Whiskey(.)net

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nacho

DNF Member
The Originals
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Sep 12, 2004
Messages
277
Reaction score
0
Was considering unloading this one. Thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Also noticed, Vodka(.)info just ended at Tdnam. Final bid was just over 17k, but did not meet reserve?
 
Last edited:
imo, 5K.

Unless you can legally sell whiskey through the site, then I'd say 50K.
 
Thanks for the appraisals. I greatly appreciate it! Does anyone have any thoughts on the recent Vodka(.)info getting to 17k. Seems like a really solid price - surprised it didn't sell?
 
I'm surprised it didnt sell. I sold that name last year. I think 17k was just under the reserve so if the guy kept going a bit they would've had it..
 
Nacho,

To answer your question directly, I think that people in the business of domaining are still digesting the implications of .anyTLD (I know that I am for my off brand TLD names - I'm paying $100 renewals for .pro... uh, why?).

People see .Com, .Net and .Org (and in their respective countries [except the US] see their own country TLDs in advertising), so their brands are firmly entrenched.

I'm not sure I can recall a single ad with a .info name on air. Frangrance.Net I remember as well as a slew of .com names. I think that it is interesting they chose to go with the Frangrance.Net branding for their air commercials, because the actual site is Frangrancenet.com, but I digress. Update - Actually, it is Fragrance.net (still the same folks, and it underscores the value of having your typos if your domain is long - these folks are very savvy).

So, what is the value of a domain TLD du jour? As always, .com is king, .net and .org are the rest of the royal family and then there are the others. There was a reason vodka.com sold for what it sold for. My guess is that vodka.net would command a 6 figure price tag (after all I am told that those in the know seem to think a .net is 10-15% of a .com) to the right buyer.

That said, high 5 to low 6 figures might also make sense for whiskey.net - though being a longer named adult beverage, it might fall back to the 5 figures and it is also harder to spell than vodka... especially so if you have been consuming said products. ;)

-Commerce

I'm surprised it didnt sell. I sold that name last year. I think 17k was just under the reserve so if the guy kept going a bit they would've had it..

Perhaps the bidder knew that. ;)

-Commerce
 
Last edited:
Whats the reserve?
 
I think an easy 50K+.
Why don't you develop the name?? Huge potential!!
 
Auction at is ending in 3 hours! Currently 25 bids. Rico, I can't tell you the exact reserve, but can tell you it is set much lower than what it's being appraised for. Techqueen, Rico, and Carter, thank you all for your comments! Auction can be easily found in Most Active auctions at Tdnam!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom