• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Who here is living off of their domains/websites?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaggy

DNF Addict
The Originals
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Oct 28, 2002
Messages
1,523
Reaction score
1
I could be, but if I quite my real job, I wouldn't be able to support my living now.

Funny thing is, I make more money with my domains/websites a month then I do with my real job :rolleyes:

Lets see who else lives off of their domains/website :ok:
 
Job 50%, Websites 40%, Domains 10%. I would not quit my job though even if I could. I would still enjoy going to the office, getting out etc.
 
>I make more money with my domains/websites a month then I do with my real job.

Start a small biz (if have not already) and take advantage of what they offer, even if you keep your day job.
 
I love my real job, don't get me wrong. i was just stating that I make more doing the domain/website deal then my real job. I would never quite the 9 to 5 :ok:
 
Shaggy said:
I love my real job, don't get me wrong. i was just stating that I make more doing the domain/website deal then my real job. I would never quite the 9 to 5 :ok:

my real job ain't bad, but i've made more from domains this month already, then what my job pays all month!

i would quit when domains can replace (3 x) my work income!

although, i do a lot of domain business while i'm at work.


i would love to be a stay at home dad....and make money on the web kinda guy! :)
 
Shaggy and Big I'm in the same boat. However, this yr I'm going to push the envelope and incoporate. I plan on this yr being the last of my "day" job.

I hope to free up more time to spend with my daughter and family :)
 
I've been working from home via my websites for 3+ years now. Income may fluctuate, but it stays high enough to still live comfortably.
 
Well, if I ever got to that status of making 3 times the the amount per month with domains/websites then my real job, I definity would have to think about it. The reason it would be tuff for me to leave my real job, is that its a family biz. I love it and its a great job.

Wouldn't mind being a stay at home dad either, or well maybe a vactioning dad :ok:
 
I work for myself as a computer/network consultant to small businesses in my area, I love my job but would love to cut back to 2 or 3 steady clients and be more of a stay at home dad. I haven't quite figured out exactly the right domain/website mix to replace my work income but I'm working on it. I'm at about $500 per month now.
 
Shaggy said:
Lets see who else lives off of their domains/website


Have for about 5 years. My only complaint is constant eye strain.
 
LOL, I wish that was my only complaint. Mine is getting up early to go to work :ok:
 
You guy are my Idol:ok:
Hope one day i will be one of you guy.
My day job suck but i need it to stay in United State....(Visa problem)
 
Domain is my Job..at least thats what i want to say
so this is the real job for me :-) though i am a university student, i plan to specialize in "domaining"
 
Domain name is a hobby but i'm trying to secure a future for me once i'm out of high school. I am planning on attending a tech college like MIT or Caltech though.
 
same here... normal job pays 6figures problem is a) amount of sleep I get with focus on domains b) i'm waiting for my big bonus in March to snap/invest in 10+ LLL.com and some other stuff before I can sleep easy at night :)
 
smarouli said:
same here... normal job pays 6figures problem is a) amount of sleep I get with focus on domains b) i'm waiting for my big bonus in March to snap/invest in 10+ LLL.com and some other stuff before I can sleep easy at night :)


It is almost march!
 
The domainers who really make good money from PPC and work from home living from the internet rarely talk about it or even post at the forums so mostly wannabees post in threads like this.
 
:-)

trader said:
The domainers who really make good money from PPC and work from home living from the internet rarely talk about it or even post at the forums so mostly wannabees post in threads like this.


:-)
 
I was making around US$300 a month in 2000 working full time (quite a decent wage by Peru standards).

I'm now making around 10 times that a month working full time (plus a bit) with domain names.

Yes, I gave up my old job.
 
I quit my day job a week back. I am working online since 3+ years. Making a decent living online working on websites. :)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom