Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

cctld Who is the best and worst .ca registrar?

Status
Not open for further replies.

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Here's your chance to tell past and future memebrs who they should and shouldn't use for .ca names.

Godaddy.com
Pros: Good Pricing
Cons: They don't know much about managing profiles

Namespro.ca
Pros: Excellent customer service and they know the .ca inside out.
Cons: None found so far.

-=DCG=-

Domain summit 2024

msn

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Best:

BareMetal.com
Pros: Smart and flexible.
Cons: Aesthetically challenged web site, for those who care about such nonsense.

Worst:

Sibername.com
Pros: Fairly competent TBR.
Cons: Fairly incompetent domain/account management and odd business practices.

whitebark

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Best customer service - Namespro.ca They just do things right. Need better bulk controls though.

Best tbr/registrar combo - Sibername.com. No complaints other than customer service can be a bit slow at times.

Up and coming - Ready.ca. Good customer service and pricing and very easy to use control panel. Need to bring TBR.ca back to life.. :yes:

Most annoying - Godaddy.com. Pathetic customer service most of the time, ads ads, ads and then some more ads. Clunky control panel.

Namefox

Namefox
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Best: Namespro.ca hands down and yes, they do need better bulk controls
Worst: Godaddy...won't even touch them
Honorable mention to Ready.ca. They have been great as well even during the growth phase.

jaydub

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
NamesPro has excellent support and is my .ca registrar of choice.
TBR - Siber

I think Ready.ca are the ones to watch as they seem to listen to domainers and make adjustments..

Irish31

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Today: Namespro.ca hands down.

Tomorrow: Ready.ca has a good group of people behind it and listen to customer feedback. You have to appreciate that.

lionfish

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
There is one registrar I would stay away from with a 10 foot pole and that is Godaddy. What an unbelievably irritating website with extremely slow, unintuitive, and overloaded interface, and an inept customer service that has no clue whatsoever about .ca domains. Everytime I tried to use them I ended up with charges for one of their services that I never ordered like their website tonight that they give you first month free then you only realize you have it when the "convenient autorenewal" kicks in and you get charged. And if it's not a website thing then it's some other service they clutter your cart with as you are desperately trying to checkout. Gosh I hate GD!

DropWizard.com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Namespro hands down. Service is unbelievable. They do need to beef up more of their bulk services though.

Sibername - slow service and they took some domains we won in the TBR auctions and sold them to another customer. Not recommended.

MyID - Not recommended.

Any others we dealt with have been mediocre at best.

Last edited:

msn

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sibername - slow service and they took some domains we won in the TBR auctions and sold them to another customer. Not recommended.

MyID - slow service and they stole traffic from us from a group of domains for about 6 months and fed it through to their PPC program and pocketed hundreds of dollars. Not recommended.

We have had the same experience with each of these.

lionfish

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
While I do not believe a single registrar is perfect, and while all need improvements in one place or another, I recommend and keep my business to the following registrars:

DomainsAtCost
MyID
Baremetal
Sibername
10dollar
Namespro

As stated above, I do not recommend GoDaddy.

I have not used the rest so I cannot comment on them.

The title of this thread is misleading. Best and worst means one has tried every registrar out there and then reached a conclusion of who is best or worst. The title should be instead recommended or not recommended.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators