• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

For Sale Who owns your .CA Lastname?

jstewart

New Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2011
Messages
397
Reaction score
41
Just curious!

Who owns your .CA lastname?

Mine is owned by an insurance company, never going to get it!
 
Since the late 90s I've been bugging a real estate agent that was using my last name to buy it from him. He was using the on.ca extension so I was asking him permission to use the .ca direct but he didn't care. Couple years ago after one of my best sale, I was going to contact him again with a really good offer and realized it was available. I couldn't believe it and now uses it for all my emails and plan on setting up a personal site eventually. Now I'm trying to get the .com but it doesn't look good, Rover.com owns it.
 
mine is owned by a counselling service. Could be worse I guess.
 
.CA is owned by some mom and pop income tax service

And Tucows owns the .com

but I own my firstnamelastname.ca though
 
Me.

luckily I have it in .ca and .com. Glad I don't have a last name like Smith or White.
 
my lastname is very common,
however i have my daughter(s) firstnames and 20 gender neutral babynames for when I
am a grandfather, I just have to figure out a way to mention you have to name your son/daughter this because i have the domain
 
Wow I am quite impressed by the number of people who have caught their names or at lease tried to! Good stuff, and some good stories too!
 
Global tire company monopolizes my Last Name is All Extensions. Now I use .CC :-( hahaha
 
The .com is owned by a winery and likely won't be dropped and the .ca is parked.

I really should work on getting the .ca, though.
 
Never thought about it since I couldn't register it anyway. But just checked... Ilze owns me :-)
 
Wow, just checked my lastname.com. A domainer with some *very* nice names...
 
Just registered my last name in .ca. Was been taken last time I checked. Now is pointing to my linkedin profile page.
 
Own my first name in .cc (jim)
.ca goes nowhere

I do own jaydub in .ca though :)
 
i own it. i used it for my father's business. I also own .com and use it for personal email. fortunately, my last name is very uncommon
 
no clue. it was regged in 2006 and there's nothing on it. i should of thought to reg it before then but i wasn't thinking of .ca back then.
 
Back
Top Bottom