Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

Wholesale .com Registration Prices Increase 7% Each Year, to Hit $15.35 by 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
In case you haven’t heard yet, the big story of the day is the increase in dot com registration price by nearly 7% every year. The wholesale price of .com registration is expected to hit $10.29 by 2016, up from $7.85 in 2012, as the DomainNameWire reports. Going by this trend, wholesale .com registration price [...]

More...

Poker

Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
As holders of many millions of .coms (Global .com domainers) I wonder if we could band together on this issue as it affects us all, especially if Verisign is just being a greedy glutton.

Sucks bigtime that we already don't really own any of our domains...we are being played for chumps.

sashas

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
As holders of many millions of .coms (Global .com domainers) I wonder if we could band together on this issue as it affects us all, especially if Verisign is just being a greedy glutton.

Sucks bigtime that we already don't really own any of our domains...we are being played for chumps.

While it won't bother me one bit if renewal costs for a domain like CheapTravel.com or DebitCards.com goes up to even $100/year, the increased price means that I can't register domains like FindCheapAirTickets.com or even brandables such as Googo.com since there is no guarantee if these will make enough money to warrant spending $15 on renewal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom