Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

Why are .eu, .mobi, .biz 3 letter domains worth more than .us?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zymic

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hello,

So I was wondering why the price of a 3 letter .us domain is cheaper than .eu, .mobi, .biz etc?

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
.eu appeals to europe obviously, stacks of countries
.mobi is Global
.us is obviously for the .us but is in the shadow of .com & many other
.biz is meant to be Global, but is the poor boy in Domaining terms , of the tld
extensions.
.us is more valuable than LLL.biz
i actually think LLL.us is a sound investment. they will only go up
Personally i think LLL.eu are way overpriced
Given the choice i would snap up LLL.mobi , then LLL.us all day & sack the other two

italiandragon

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hello,

So I was wondering why the price of a 3 letter .us domain is cheaper than .eu, .mobi, .biz etc?

because americans did not wake up yet and still think .com represents USA

.eu is just a wrong idea. It was successful only if they were taking away ALL ccTlds of the Countries which are part of the EU. (.it , .de , .es , .fr , .at , .be ...................)

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Damn, I agree with PRED!:eek:

.eu is not, will not, won't, never go anywhere. People are buying LLL.eu for the sake of buying LLL.eu. (hint:don't waste your money on LLL.asia)

.biz is the bastard child of the internet and I am not sure why. I will buy LLL.biz all day.

.us is the bastard child of ccTLD and I am not sure why. I will buy LLL.us all day.

.mobi is just a bastard. But it will grow up to be a big SOB! I am not buying just any LLL.mobi just like I am not buying any and all LLL.com, .net, and .info. I think some are terribly overpriced for the sake of it's own self and simply because every one thinks they have a gem when the reality is they have merde.

In some cases LLL.biz and LLL.us are so undervalued that this makes them an exceptional value. And just the opposite...many extensions are so overvalued.

The .eu will go down (is going down) as one of the biggest flops and over hyped marketing ploys since the Edsel of the 1950's (which I love, by the way). Anyone with a 1958 convertible or a 1960 sedan or Station Wagon, send me a PM.

italiandragon

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
.mobi is just a bastard. But it will grow up to be a big SOB! I am not buying just any LLL.mobi just like I am not buying any and all LLL.com, .net, and .info. I think some are terribly overpriced for the sake of it's own self and simply because every one thinks they have a gem when the reality is they have merde.

I think you are terribly wrong, .biz is the real useless one.

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Damn, I agree with PRED!:eek:

.eu is not, will not, won't, never go anywhere. People are buying LLL.eu for the sake of buying LLL.eu. (hint:don't waste your money on LLL.asia)

.biz is the bastard child of the internet and I am not sure why. I will buy LLL.biz all day.

.us is the bastard child of ccTLD and I am not sure why. I will buy LLL.us all day.

In some cases LLL.biz and LLL.us are so undervalued that this makes them an exceptional value. And just the opposite...many extensions are so overvalued.

The .eu will go down (is going down) as one of the biggest flops and over hyped marketing ploys since the Edsel of the 1950's (which I love, by the way). Anyone with a 1958 convertible or a 1960 sedan or Station Wagon, send me a PM.

a classic! you got me pissing myself here! :madgrin:
i totally agree
i mean some real quality LLL letters in biz or US can be picked up so reasonably & could be sold on for stacks in time
pointless buying qzx dot anything imo
but..domainers will always give you your money back tbh :smilewinkgrin:
Rock on Doc! :cool:

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think you are terribly wrong, .biz is the real useless one.
If I am calling something the "bastard child of the internet" and you are calling it "the useless one", then I guess I am not "terribly wrong".

I hope people continue to think so and toss them to the side. I will continue to buy them for $20.00-$40.00 each.

but..domainers will always give you your money back tbh :smilewinkgrin:
I always wondered about domain tasting...what about money tasting?

Jackass seller A over-inflates and over-hypes his P.O.S. domain name. I buy it but the money is held in escrow for, say...5 days.

The stats are proven to be bogus and pure BS.

Deal over and done, money returned.

Yeah, BE-ATCH! How'd you like that "taste" of real money, huh?

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I'm not sure .us is cheaper than .biz.
I still see LLL .biz selling for $60. LLL.us are usually selling for at least double.
I think .us has a bright future ahead and .biz will always be a loathed, second-rate TLD. And the market knows that hence the prices.

italiandragon

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Definitely not the case. Seems like the starting point is right around $110-$125

Good ones going substanially higher.

.biz to an italian enduser is totally unknown.

How many .biz sale do you see? i have seen less than .eu

Makis77

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
europe market will never know .biz and .us

mobi is something that has more potential and thats why worths a bit more than the rest.
.us has another negative, correct me if i m wrong but a european cant buy it if he hasnt got anything relted to the States

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
.biz to an italian enduser is totally unknown.

How many .biz sale do you see? i have seen less than .eu
Sorry, I have no idea why you are quoting my statements unrelated to biz yet you keep pointing out .biz when I have already stated that .biz is a bastard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdsinc View Post
I'm not sure .us is cheaper than .biz.
Definitely not the case. Seems like the starting point is right around $110-$125

Good ones going substanially higher.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hello,

if LLL.us are selling below any of those mentioned then it's
because whoever is selling them at lower prices have no idea of value.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
.us has another negative, correct me if i m wrong but a european cant buy it if he hasnt got anything relted to the States
Sure...that must be why I have purchased most of mine on the secondary market from outside the .us.

Perhaps the same reason why Americans can not own .eu. ;)

muris

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The price of a 3 letter .us domain is cheaper than .eu, .mobi, .biz because people don't have a faith in this extension.
...And they should have - especially over .eu and .biz.
I believe it's going to change and us. is going to go up while .biz and .eu are going to go down.
Biz seems to be good only for business to business type of operations.
(personally I put my trust in .com, .net, .mobi only)

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The price of a 3 letter .us domain is cheaper than .eu, .mobi, .biz because people don't have a faith in this extension.
...And they should have - especially over .eu and .biz.
I believe it's going to change and us. is going to go up while .biz and .eu are going to go down.
Biz seems to be good only for business to business type of operations.
(personally I put my trust in .com, .net, .mobi only)

i agree with that.
personally don't own any .us though
i actually am not keen on nets full stop really. prefer orgs. just a personal thing really

think

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
At the end of the day the TLDs that are most developed, promoted, and used will always demand the best prices for 3 letter domains. Speculation aside Dot Com , Net , Org, Info all have seen more development, promotion and use thus they command the higher prices. All these TLDs are unrestricted by geography and use. The TLDs themselves are fairly well know terms world wide as well.

Although a great deal of the higher prices is due to speculation with Dot Mobi, the TLD is unrestricted with global access and reach. Major companies are actively developing sites on this platform and many domain investors see the niche potential this TLD for the mobile internet market. Many of these domain investors understand the true success will be getting in early and developing.

I agree with Bigge that any low prices seen for Dot US are due more to market uncertainty and sellers selling short. However, citizenship restrictions and the slower rate of development do hold the TLD back from getting a more solid foothold in the aftermarket.

The hidden 3 letter TLD in this market that is Dot TV. Outside of Verisign's premium TVs and a few large investors one rarely sees these available. This is a market that is tightly controlled for the 3 letter market and this may keep it from truly flourishing. With Demand TV "relaunching" Dot TV for the 4th time (New management different marketing plan) on May 1st we'll see how the "premium" 3 letter pricing pans out.

Demand Media plans to let any Dot TV domain user to have access to priority video software to create their own TV channel on the internet. I think this will be interesting to watch this marketing plan unfold although many domainers have yawned when I mention it.

As for Dot Biz, EU and others, the registrars behind the TLDs need to reinvent their purpose for existence and look into value added software, services or other incentives for businesses and individuals to develop content for their extension. Without development a TLD serves no purpose..

My 2 cents

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators