Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

Why are scammers still active members in this forum?

Status
Not open for further replies.

silentg

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
There is mixer and Grisha. Mixer has been proven to be trying to sell a stolen domain. And Grisha tried to scam another member and failed. His excuse was he was brokering the domain. Brokering a $19 domain? Now he claims he's brokering other domains as well. Brokering domains for GoDaddy software? Seems more like stolen domains.

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Please post the threads and I will get rid of them as soon as I look at the issues.

We certainly don't want them here if this is true.

-=DCG=-

silentg

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks for taking action. I reported these threads before. Maybe it didn't get reported.

Mykeul

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hello,

Sorry to ask this noob question, but how could a domain be stolen ?
Just finding the owner's password and transfer it elsewhere or there is other things ?

Mykeul

axeman

The One and Only
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
There is an unlimited amount of scenarios in which your domains can be stolen, ranging from phishing, hackers, friends, business partners, family members, fellow forum members (minus these two now gone!), a competing business or trademark holder, even your own registrar could well steal your domain!

I believe i have covered a small amount of scenarios, but im sure you get the picture.

DomainMagnate

Domain Magnate™
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Huhuuuu ... Scary ... I didnt know.
Maybe a few advices about how not to be stolen ? :) (please)

Thanks,

Mykeul

Be careful, use strong passwords, don't use free email accounts (gmail, hotmail etc) for whois and domain registrar logins, have an antivirus and antispyware installed on your computer, brush your teeth often, beware phishing emails, do research on a domain if the price looks too good or fishy, use trusted registrars.

silentg

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
1. Don't use paypal when doing domain transactions. Use Escrow service like Escrow.com.
2. Don't click any links in your e-mail that asks you to update your contact details for your domains.
3. Always check the whois for any domain before you purchase on forums or sites like Flippa. If there's any recent update then inquire about it from the seller.
4. If a domain like LLL.com is priced at $2500 then that should raise red flags. It'll most likely be a stolen domain. If you purchase it then you'll lose your money and the domain. Always check trader ratings and length of sellers membership.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Concerning #4, I should add that inactive member accounts with clean TR have been hacked to peddle stolen domains at DNF.
So pay attention to members that have been inactive for a long time and suddenly pop up to liquidate domains like LLL.com :)

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Huhuuuu ... Scary ... I didnt know.
Maybe a few advices about how not to be stolen ? :) (please)

Thanks,

Mykeul

stay away from gobdaddy.com or goldaddly.com and you should be fine

don't give out account passwords

use common sense

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel

Latest Comments

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener