Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Why are so many .TOP TLD registered at a few?

Reaction score
I honestly have an interest in new domains. I like knowing how the registrations are doing relative to each other.

I look on tldstats.com. .TOP represents 8.5% of the total domain names in the entires nTLD sphere.

Of all Dynadots nTLDs, 17.3% are .TOP - twice the industry average (including Chinese outfits).

Epik is more, 48.6% - around 70,000 .TOP domains. This .TOP is by far, their most popular nTLD. Strange, because for comparison, porkbun has 3.3%. Uni has 0.8%, NameCheap 0.5%. And GoDaddy + Google = 0.

Both Dynadot and Epik are sponsors here. I think this forum has special insights into why .TOP is so popular.

All the domainers I know make fun of it. I wonder, who is buying these, and why? Really honest question. I know there is the 'king of top' I wonder if it's that guy...

I don't see Epik advertising.TOP domains everywhere...

This TLD, I would expect mostly Chinese websites. Are the sponsors promoting in China too, maybe? Or is there USA interest in these domains? I am actually suspicious TBH because I notice too, Namesilo has a boatload. Now if we look at Namesilo + Dynadot + Epik, these 3 have a stupid number of TOP domains. But they have something else in common too: They sponsor forums.

I wonder now, is .TOP being promoted to domainers, and savvy forum domainers are buying these TOP domains? I don't want to miss out.

Am I out of the loop?? :( Should I follow the data regarding .TOP domains?

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom