Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Why do 'buyers' inquire but rarely if ever respond?

Status
Not open for further replies.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Once you get an inquiry from someone who say's "Is this domain or website for sale?" - Has anyone here noticed how rare it is that they respond to your reply?

No matter how you word it they rarely if ever reply. I have tried every wording I can think of, including make an offer and also giving an asking price. I resend all my replies several times but they still will not reply. :confused:

Out of the last 50 or so name/website availaibilty inquries I don't think more than 2 replied. It seems real odd why they do not reply, especially the ones who were not given an asking price.

How do they know I would not take $100 or some low dollar amount for it? Why do they ask if they really don't want it? This is real odd. Anyone else experience this or have ideas on how to get them to respond?

Domain summit 2024

I get a big percentage of those too - or people who agree a price and then go away and don't respond to emails.

Some enquiries are from other domain sellers, just looking to see what the domains are selling for or for wording they can use.

Some enquiries are from people who thought the domain was a good idea at the time, but changed their mind.

But you have to sieve dirt to find the gold.

mole

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I really take my hats off those who cold call the whois. That's proacting, and at least they bothered to do their homework. That often softens a buyer's heart.

Dear Sir/Madam

RE: Sale of www.XXXXXXX.com

I am writing to let you know that the above domain name has been placed on sale at www.NameProdigy.com domain name brokerage.

According to the public WHOIS records, you currently own XXXXXXX, and so I felt that you may wish to know about the sale of XXXXXXXX.

If you would like the opportunity to acquire this name, please
click the link: http://www.XXXXXX.com to go directly to the details for this domain, or simply reply to this e-mail. Remember that the name might never come up for sale again.

If you would like further information or advice, or have any domain related questions that we can assist with, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Thank you.

Robert Kieren
Sales Executive
domains@nameprodigy.com
http://www.nameprodigy.com
Phone: 865-577-8884
The Leading Domain Name brokerage.

to which the most common reply is "please take me off your mailing list".

mole

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It feels like you've taken a lot of rejection. Who hasn't? Hey, that's the name of the game today, REJECTION. I think the sellers who take rejection best like water off a duck's back will be most productively profitable.

like i said, you have to sieve dirt to get gold. You collect a lot of no's to get the good quality yes's. If you take "no" personally, this probably isn't the best business to be in.

mole

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Fully agree, safe. The internet is not a place to get personal feelings messed up. btw.. did you read about the virus creator hooking on to the notorious hacker in a love relationship in IRC? Haaaaa... I'm intrigued by all this virtual reality the internet fosters :) Sometimes, you really can't tell anymore as your computer screen merges with your life.

It never ceases to amaze me how many people have virtual partners on the net. I guess its escapism, but for me - my escape is *away* from the net not on it!

mole

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Ahhh... a pristine white sand beach is a peaceful bay in the tropics.......................................................................................................................................................................................................................... with a wireless satellite link to the interent, and plenty of willing and wet pretty bikini babes hoping to snuggle up with you in your little wooden hut :D

bliss...

flex

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
it's ok to be imaginative sometimes tho. brings yer brain to work :D
improves creative thinking skills eh? :sleep:

namedancer

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Out of the last 50 or so name/website availability inquries I don't think more than 2 replied.

Glad I saw this, I don't feel so bad now. My score so far is three queries, zero replies. :eek:

beatz

Cool Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Only way to sell names more often than average:

PROACTIVE COLDCALL

Where the emphasis is on CALL.
Except one all domains i have sold so far i only sold because *i* approached potential buyers on the phone.
If i would have waited for people approaching me, i would only have sold one single name so far.

If you own a shop, you know that not all people who enter your shop will be your buyer. Some people like window shopping. Sometime, some people change their minds and plans too. They don't have to get yourdomain.com may be they can get otherdomains.com someotherdomains.com etc... for cheaper.

So, it would be nice to have this http://www.viperphoenix.com/vipSimShopManual.asp in your domain selling site before your potential customer change their mind. :D

namedancer

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
PROACTIVE COLDCALL

Where the emphasis is on CALL.
Except one all domains i have sold so far i only sold because *i* approached potential buyers on the phone.
If i would have waited for people approaching me, i would only have sold one single name so far.

beatz, you may be right. But I think I'd try to live with a buck or two profit at ebay before becoming a telemarketer. Selling artwork is sounding better and better. Maybe the best option yet would be to get married and have kids to leave my names to, or convert them all to orgs & leave them to charity. :dead:

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators