• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

why do people say brandable domain

Status
Not open for further replies.

fatter

New Member
The Originals
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Apr 2, 2003
Messages
1,301
Reaction score
4
am I missing something isnt any domain that isnt a trademark brandable?
 
Yes, but I think they more or less refering to a distinguishing phrase or word, other than thisdomaincanbebrandedwithmegabucks.com.
 
It's a nice catchy name but there is no type-in traffic. Gotta spend a few bucks. Brandable.
 
What I think a lot of newer domainers miss, or those looking for pure url-bar typein traffic names exclusively, is that sometimes descriptive names in alt extensions work as a site brand. They use these cheaper more purely descriptive keyword terms to anchor a small website, then attempt to increase traffic via search with backlinks related to the correctly spelled alt ext keyword, and also use that site as a base for pointing related typos that may get knocked out on an adsense page or ppc form page.
 
People say brandable because it's easier than saying "easy to remember and easy to spell".
 
I think it boils down to EASE of brandability. Coming up with a name that will STICK.

Like "GoPC" for instance. Mobile Computing, Portable PCs, Pocket PCs, PDAs, Laptops, Ultra Mobile PCs, Notebooks, Smart Phones, etc.

GoPC says it all. Quickly, Easily and it SUPER easy to remember.

It's Brandable.

"Tiqit" Difficult to pronounce, remember, spell. Doesn't define much, if anything. Isn't related to the intended market.

Not easily brandable.

Just my .02 cents worth.

GoPC
 
thanks all I get it now, probably the fact the even unmemorable names were posted as brandable that confused me.
 
Brandable:
wezow.com
zectek.com
webedex.com
puppyowner.com
Not Brandable:
jkhfjl.com
asdlk.com
you-get-the-idea.com
 
Originally Posted by warnerms
Brandable:
wezow.com
zectek.com
webedex.com



Ummmm, no.

LOL. I guess, depends how much money you're talking about spending. Did I say hard to remember and hard to spell correctly in my earlier post? Sorry, I meant easy.
 
If it can become a household name, then basically its brandable. WeZow, its too crazy looking to become a successful brand.

ZecTek - maybe, sounds like a computer company.. BUT, more like a fake technology company used in Disney Movies.

Webedex - no .. needs no explanation :)
 
And what about "ACME" LOL!!!

Who ever knew for sure what they did except deliver products that turn on the Coyote. ROTFLMAO

GoPC
 
Acme is a real word you know ;) .. thats different
 
I think of it as scoring high on the memorability scale. Little or no type-in traffic, as mentioned above.

actually, I have a couple in my sig. I wish they were not memorable and had buttloads of traffic.
 
You own Wifi.com? Nice.

Now THAT'S Brandable... or should I say Branded. ;)

GoPC
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom