Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

enom Why does a simple DNS update take 5+ days to propagate at eNom?

This is a discussion about the domain name register/company Enom.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Credit

Buying CC.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Changed the nameservers on a domain to a different parking company 5 days ago, but it still resolves to the old page. Whois has been showing the new dns almost right away.

Customer support also not responding in over 48 hours :-\

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Very odd. Yesterday I had a few names where the propogation took just a few minutes at Moniker. In fact, one was in a few seconds.

One little trick I learned is to do it twice within seconds of each other. I do that when changing dns and want a fast change done.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
The TTL (time to live) of the nameservers of *your* ISP determines how quickly you can access the new DNS. To expedite this, flush the old DNS in Windows by bringing up a command console, then type:

ipconfig /flushdns
ipconfig /release
ipconfig /renew

Close and restart your browsers and in Firefox you might need to empty the cache as well.

Some ISPs, however do not accept such forced update and you have to wait the full 48 hours for the new DNS to propagate to them.

Credit

Buying CC.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The TTL (time to live) of the nameservers of *your* ISP determines how quickly you can access the new DNS. To expedite this, flush the old DNS in Windows by bringing up a command console, then type:

ipconfig /flushdns
ipconfig /release
ipconfig /renew

Close and restart your browsers and in Firefox you might need to empty the cache as well.

Some ISPs, however do not accept such forced update and you have to wait the full 48 hours for the new DNS to propagate to them.

Hey Theo,

Thanks for the explanation - by the time I read this they finally updated the nameservers.

For some reason I always thought that TTL was set by the DNS admin.

Will use this as a reference for the future :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom