Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

discussion Why my domain name is offered by anyone?

This is a general discussion thread revolving around the a topic of the original poster's choice.

Jami91

Level 1
Reaction score
Hi,
I have a domain (BitcoinScrip.com). According to dictionary Synonym of "Scrip" is "Wallet/Pouch/Bag, it has organic traffic (200+) per month. I was listed this domain many marketplaces 4 months ago for $$$, but no one offering to this.
My question is why no one interested about this?

I thought I'll keep it for 5-8 years, that's why Last month I listed it for $$$$$$.

Thanks

Domain summit 2024

DomainsGENERAL.com

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
"scrip" isn't a very common word in English, so your domain name may be pretty average, IMHO.
You listed it on "Buy It Now" for a price of $167K+
There are a lot of crypto/bitcoin related domains, which are better and selling for far less. Even those may not sell like crazy in 4 months. So you also have to be a little realistic. No offence.

Jami91

Level 1
Reaction score
"scrip" isn't a very common word in English, so your domain name may be pretty average, IMHO.
You listed it on "Buy It Now" for a price of $167K+
There are a lot of crypto/bitcoin related domains, which are better and selling for far less. Even those may not sell like crazy in 4 months. So you also have to be a little realistic. No offence.
Thanks for your reply,
I listed it for 1K, but now I think I'll keep it for 5-7 years, that's why I listed it for 167K+.
Ohh, how much Worth for this domain should keep?

Siful Moni

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I don't see much value and uses of the word Scrip. If its something like BitcoinWallet then I must say its value can be 100K.

I would say to try Lower price like low xxxx price and list it in all marketplace.

If you really want to hold it for very long time then its okay but if you have no plan to hold for long like 5/7 years then try it at Nameliquidate before it get expired.

DomainsGENERAL.com

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Ohh, how much Worth for this domain should keep?
For a quite good, but not super premium "cryptoXXX" or "BitcoinXXX" . com domain (wallet would be very good as XXX), I would personally say $2K to $15K. After, each person has his own way to value domains.

I have some serious doubts about "scrip" as XXX, though. As mentioned by people above. This one might fall more into the "shitty" names, unfortunately.

DomainsGENERAL.com

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
To have some ideas about prices and what may be up for sale:
Here is a search for "Bitcoin" on SquadHelp: https://www.squadhelp.com/premium-domains-for-sale/rm/2031177/premium-domains-for-sale/all/q/bitcoin
There are some more expensive names like for example BitcoinCrowd ($8.5K), BitcoinCloud ($12K), BitcoinHome ($22K), BitcoinFi ($35K) or BitcoinPremium ($57.7) or some cheaper ones like for example BitcoinLodge ($1.8K), Bitcoinvy ($2.5K), BoitcoinVolt ($3.8K), BitcoinChimp ($3.8K), BitcoinVisor ($4K), BitcoinFolk ($4.3K)

On top of all the "Bitcoin" names, you have the "Bit", "Coin", "Crypto", "Blockchain" ones.
I have myself some to sell ( https://www.dnforum.com/threads/cry...yptorova-bitryl-cryptofoster-bitelium.599091/ ) + some others not listed here, all of which have a BIN between $2K and $3K, and I might accept quite lower offers here (from fellow domainers).

In the end, YOU fix the price and decide if you think a name has potential or not. The price having a potential impact on the ease you may sell it.

Personally (but that's only my very own opinion), I wouldn't put too much hopes into "Scrip", especially with the potential confusion with "Script" (or worse, the thought of a misspell). If you want it to sell, I would think a sub $1K is probably an appropriate price. Maybe pretty low. And it may not sell. (It may sell with a higher price tag, who knows. It's your decision).

Cheers.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators