Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

Why pool has OFFICIALLY lost my business.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Isn't it great?

Not only are we bidding against legitimate bidders, we are bidding against known bogus bidders - now some believe we should bid against hypothetical bidders or situations.

It is the what if factor -

What if someone wanted to bid more.

I dig the hell out of this thread Richard. You are so busy grasping at straws and want to do your damn best to define the what if scenarios without dealing with the problem that you actually have.

Here is the what if you should be dealing with -

what if domainers on and off this forum are reading this thread and
what if those people are reading the same response you give (a hypothetical scenario in an attempt to define an actual problem) and
what if everyone can read through the cloud of bullshit and pool is going to do nothing to eliminate bogus bidding and
what if everyone gets the message that there is a real trust factor at stake here and that trust factor is losing trust in Pool.

That is a real result to a real problem all the while Pool wants to continue blowing smoke up someones' ass.

irongloves

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
No one likes to pay more than they should have !!!

I dumped pool and quit my business with them quite sometime ago.

Well, that's as clear as the sun that TheInvestor is right.

If there's a fraud or shilling or bogus bid or non-paying bidder on an auction, the best choice is to re-auction the domain name.

I've been a user of Pool.com years ago but literally DUMPED them after the .asia affair (http://www.dotasia-complot.org/)

I'm an actual user of SN and NJ (spending US$80k/year) and they are ok even if they have problems sometimes with bidders going to inflate prices (but that happens everywhere, even on eBay).

Last edited:

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I say:
  • restart the auction
  • reset all bids to minimum values
  • allow past bidders to drop out of the auction in case they are no longer interested in the name
Now that is fair.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I say:
  • restart the auction
  • Chances are that if you, a legitimate bidder, bid on an auction and lost, you most likely re-allocated those funds to something else.

If two weeks later you are made the offer to buy that lost domain or get into a reauction, that changes very little except make for perpetual auctions.

And, it does very little to correct the problem to begin with. Especially when you have knowledge of a bogus bidder and continue to allow that same bogus bidder to bid in other auctions.

Nothing is solved.

I've been a user of Pool.com years ago but literally DUMPED them after the .asia affair (http://www.dotasia-complot.org/)
    Just another example, like this thread, of a Pool.com policy that benefits Pool.com.

In one case you have the auctioneer knowing precisely what needs to be bid to win premium auction for them(him)self.

And in another case you have Pool.com allowing bogus bids and then trying to pass on the sale to the second bidder or else - we'll re-auction.

Last edited:

mclovin

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Interesting Thread!

So, I take it then, that I could go onto Pool and bid up as many names as high as I want and not pay, right? Sounds like a lot of mischief could be done here. Btw, has anyone actually tried it - I mean, to bid up an auction at Pool (or any other auction) and just deadbeat to see what they'll do? Because, seriously, what happens to all the deadbeat bidders who can bid again and again and again?

Because if there's no consequence to deadbeating then what's to stop a small army of pissed off domainers to fake bid everything on Pool and just ruin it?

Just digging for some answers...

victornumber

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
the answer: nothing unless the terms of service gets changed.

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I say:
  • restart the auction
  • reset all bids to minimum values
  • allow past bidders to drop out of the auction in case they are no longer interested in the name
Now that is fair.

Agree, And ban the deadbeat from ever bidding on Pool again.

theinvestor

Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Just an update... but i have yet to see an auction yet for the names i was offered to buy previously because of the bogus bidder. Are they re-auctioning the names or not?

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Just an update... but i have yet to see an auction yet for the names i was offered to buy previously because of the bogus bidder. Are they re-auctioning the names or not?

All the names that were offered to me and turned down, were owned by Pool and parked at pool, they kept them for years.

theinvestor

Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Well....they told me i had a week to accept/reject offer and then they would be put back on auction within a week.... i guess not.

Wzhxvy

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Hey Pool I was in all these auctions...happy to participate again, they are nice names :) I have never had an issue with Pool !

denny007

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am not using Pool anymore because I am tired of losing domains at their "partner" registrars and Pool does not give a crap, once you paid is your problem they tell you.
Enetica
Domainpeople
etc.
(spent there in the past total $246,000 and they still do not give a crap)

Last edited:

Domainator

DotAgent
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Me too...

I am not using Pool anymore because I am tired of losing domains at their "partner" registrars and Pool does not give a crap, once you paid is your problem they tell you.
Enetica
Domainpeople
etc.

Spex

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Enetica
Domainpeople
etc.

Same here. And these partners are all located in the same building, yet pass you back and forth trying to play them off as completely separate entities.

here are a few more...

domainsatcost.ca
Zidodomain.ca Inc.
DomainMall.ca Inc.

denny007

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
^No those are OK those all belong to Pool and are managed via Namescout panel...while this panel is horrible (probably programmed by some moron who never owned a single domain) - no bulk operations - but you never lose domains there

I am talking about partners like ENETICA PTY LTD, M.G. INFOCOM PVT. LTD. DBA MINDGENIES, NETTUNER CORP. DBA WEBMASTERS.COM, OMNIS NETWORK, 123 REGISTRATION, DOMAINPEOPLE etc

DomainName

Live, Eat, Breathe Names
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
POOL is terrible! Why is it always difficult to transfer names out of this place. Seems like every time I have a name there, I have to jump through hoops to get the name out. POOL has officially lost my business. No name is worth this amount of hassle!

theinvestor

Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I am still waiting for the re-auction to the names that were won by a sham bidder.

I was told this auction was going to happen months ago if i did not accept their agreement to buy at the inflated price.

What's the update?

Pool.com

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
theinvestor... PM the names and I will look into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators