Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Why to only buy .coms, .nets and .orgs, and NO other extensions

Pandemic

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Just a personal observation, but I would encourage people to never buy an extension other than .com, .net and .org. The main reason is because the search engines don't really recognize other domains very well as being credible, and if you want good search engine places, stay away from all other extensions. This is the reason you never see a .us or .info at the top of Google or Yahoo. Can't say I have ever seen that. I also know first hand that it's impossible to get one of the those domains to show on Google. If you develop a website with anything other extension other than the main three extensions, it's a complete waste of time. I suppose that's also why .us and .info's go for so cheap. I'm not saying that a fool might not buy them, but if you plan on putting a site on it, don't even try to put a site on it, at least if you want an internet with your site.

Domain summit 2024

Jack Gordon

Serial Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Google has said many times that they are extension-neutral. Can you provide any backup for your assertion?

Pandemic

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi Jack, and the answer is, no, however my claim is from firsthand experience. I have developed many sites, and optimized them, and they have never ever been found on the search engines whatsoever. Further, I have never (or very rarely) seen a .us, .info, or .biz ANYWHERE on Google. Have you? Ever seen one on page one before? Or anywhere for that matter? So my knowledge is very sound based on experience. When it comes to Google's claims, "I see with my eyes, and not me ears", as they say. Of course they claim to be neutral as domaining is big business for them.

I will also add, that not only does Google lie, but they are extremely rude, abusive, threatening and unprofessional. Anyone ever been to the Google Adsense forum for help? The Google Adsense people are very mean and unprofessional. Look in on their help forums sometime and you will see what I mean. It's as if they have a bunch of 18 yr old kids working there.

So when it comes to Google, well, they flat out lie when it comes to search engine placement.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators