• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Wikipedia annoys me!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Borghunter

New Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Apr 13, 2006
Messages
59
Reaction score
0
I have recently been block from wikipedia for the stupidest reason, my username is to similar to another username. This is probalbly the dumbest rule I have ever seen, and I can't sign up for a new account until tomorrow because it knows the IP I used to sign up, and my account was closed. Has anybody else had this problem, it gets on my nerves.
 
why do u need a account to browse wiki?
 
Borghunter said:
I have recently been block from wikipedia for the stupidest reason, my username is to similar to another username. This is probalbly the dumbest rule I have ever seen, and I can't sign up for a new account until tomorrow because it knows the IP I used to sign up, and my account was closed. Has anybody else had this problem, it gets on my nerves.
Wait the day and laugh it off.

No big deal. It's their site (that is, they set the policies and you have to live with them or not browse) and the policy seems fair, IMO.
 
Well, yeah, it\'s kind of awkward.
One day they stopped me also because my IP was going through a proxy (My ISP )
At the end all this policies are molesting the end user more than stopping spam.
 
I need an account to edit pages, my username was too close to that of moderator "BorgHunter", didn't there was another borghunter out there, and I registered as borghunter0, still pisses me off.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom