Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

Will google index my .US if the .com is a for sale page?

Status
Not open for further replies.

monstermania

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I am considering picking up a .US because the .com of the name I want is for sale for $3X,XXX and I do not obviously have that kind of budget for a name.

My question is, does google recognize .us sites in a search? Do you know what I mean? Like say you typed in "Apartments" and lets say there was a developed site for apartments.us but no developed site for the .com would google show that in the listings?

Thanks.

Last edited:

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
TLD is irrelevant 99.99% of the time when it comes to searches. It's content Google cares about. I've had .orgs and even a .us beat out a (developed) .com with results in the past.

Don't expect a lot of typeins with the .us, though.

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Good content, a lot of good backlinks, and a good domain is what you need. But I would reocmmend checking to see if the .org and .net are available - you'll get a better chance of type-ins with that.

Honestly, I'd rather have a (keyword).us than a (keyword)online.com, (adjective)(keyword)online.com etc. when it comes to development. If I think the other two would get type ins, I'd get them and point them to the .us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel

Latest Comments

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com