Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Will Google's Search Suggest eliminate Typo traffic?

Status
Not open for further replies.

breez

DNF Newbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
When a user types a typo url into the adressbar they will be taken to the site if it exists, not to Google. It may effect people who simply type the domain into google search but I think that is a lower percentage.

tinner666

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I like it. I use the 'google search' and it gives the correct spelling as an option. Good idea!

Yofie

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I sure would think it would have an effect, but only for SE traffic and not direct navigation.

I really like the tool from a domainers standpoint. :)

gemsergio

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well actually believe it or not it is said (this comes directly from sedo) that 40% of internet users do write the url in the address bar of search engines. I think its probably around a 20 upto 30% depending on the name. Right now this kind of traffic its considered pure type in.
Will it impact the industry? Of course but on a smaller scale considering how stupid internet users are I estimate a loss of around 3 to 7% for typos.

south

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well actually believe it or not it is said (this comes directly from sedo) that 40% of internet users do write the url in the address bar of search engines.

I think the percentage is even higher than that. As I tell my customers to go to a specific web site, I always wait for them to tell me "google couldn't find it", before I remind them that they have an *address bar*.

gemsergio

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
true in some case scenario it is upto 60%. My GF always types in google bar. The mother and sister as well and they are average internet users. But everything really depends on the domain name.

james2002

Buying Premium Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think it will have effect on typos as more people will be aware of typos because of the feature.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom