Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Will pay you to find me names that are available to register

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhoDatDog

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I went over some old sales lists the other day, from back when I had a few thousand names and lots of deals were going on here every day. I was able to hand register about 5 good names that I had sold before. These are names that are gauranteed winners. One of them was a city name ending in the word Property.com, and the name of the city is a name that has over 20 cities in the United States with that exact name.

If you find names that are available to register, and you either 1) don't have the funds to buy, or 2) want to do a quick flip without doing the work, then send me the name. I will send you $10 for each name I register. Please only send names that a reasonable domainer would probably register. I won't likely respond to all, but if you are sending decent names I will let you know about it, even if I don't register the name. Just because a name is worth reg fee does not mean that I 100 percent will buy it. If you send names that don't fit what I am looking for, I will likely suggest that you don't send anymore.

You could also see a name that you are about to buy, but decide that before you buy, you want to try to make a quick $10 by seeing if I want to register it quickly. Go ahead and send, and if I don't get back to you in time, then you can register it (you run the risk of someone else registering it, too), but that is unlikely.

Basically, this is a finder's fee situation for names that are available to register. I did this a few years ago with one person and it worked out well. Send me names that are available to register. If I register the name(s) I will send you $10 per name.

WhoDatDog

WhoDatDog

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Just regged my first name that someone sent. I had to look at 100 of them, from about 5 people so far, but I got one. This name happened to be a name where there was a live site at the .net. So, it slipped through the cracks, and it is worth $20 to me...10 to register and 10 finder's fee. Now, that is what you need to be looking for, something that could be sold for XXX to someone. Most people are sending me stuff that they would never buy themselves.

The idea is that you are about to register a name because you recognize the value. You decide that you would rather get paid a quick $10, instead of taking a chance and paying $10 to register it yourself. And lots of people will try to fit a square peg into a round hole. I will have to weed out most people who send, because I can see that this is going to be very time consuming. I would like to have a few sharp eyes out there who will send me PM's occasionally, or regularly if they are having success. I will scan the names quickly, and if I register any of them I will send $10 per name.

There may be times when I don't log in to Dn Forum for a few days, or even weeks. The last week or so I have been in a buying mood, but I have lots of other business opportunities, and I can lose interest pretty fast at this place. So, people need to realize that I may not check PM's, or I may not want to register a name that is decent. And that is why I am only looking for names that you would honestly register yourself. That way, if I don't grab one or two from a list you send, or if I don't check in, you can just register it yourself.

People might wonder, if the names are so good, why would anyone offer them to me at $10. Well, I'm sure I won't get offered names that I can turn around and sell here for good money, as the person would probably just register the name themselves if they thought that they could get XXX for it quickly.

This may not turn out to be worth the time. I am giving long speeches and long responses now in threads and PM's, but that is just to set the tone of what I am doing. I am ALWAYS looking for names that I would rather have than cash. That needs to be the analogy that people understand. In the case of the name I registered tonight, I would rather have this name, where there is a site at the .net, than the $20, plus time it cost me. But that is cutting it pretty close, as this name might have one potential buyer, and if they say no to me, I am out $20, plus time and effort dealing with multiple parties, so the true cost is easily $50, since I have to send the finder's fee, do quick google research on the list before I buy the name, contact the potential buyer, add the name to my lists, park the name.

So, if you throw spaghetti at the wall it won't stick. Send decent names. Yesterday I hand regged a few names I used to own many years ago. I think that I sold them as part of a package deal for $250...for 5 names. One of them was NorthHillsProperty.com. So, that is worth spending $10 on. There are a number of North Hills in the United States, including well off areas. I don't even have to go on a Google search and try to find a buyer. They will find me...or not. I can renew decent names like that for years and not put any more effort into it. You only have to sell one of them for $500 to a real estate agent and you are covered for a while. I could list that name in a thread. It might not sell. But it might get $50 or $100, but this is the type of name, that even if it didn't get a bid here, I wish I had 1,000 of them in the vault right now that I paid 10 bucks a piece on. Enough of those names will sell that it will make for a good business.

The speeches are going to come to an end real quick. I wanted to at least get the ball rolling and do some deals, and let people know that I am a potential buyer. I have a few threads out there. I am spending too much time on it now, but it is worth it to have a chance at a few new connections so that in the future, it will be a streamlined process and business will be done very fast or not at all.

This is the last post for a while. I am always willing to look at names. Price them right. Send me names to register, and I will send you $10 per name. I won't be responding much unless I buy. If you get the silent treatment after sending me a list of names, then those names aren't for me. If you didn't register any yourself after sending them to me, then the names weren't good enough. That's the test.

WhoDatDog

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom