Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

Will political chaos in Montenegro threaten the .me TLD?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have heard back from my two contacts over in that region.

Here are there emails:

(Ajkula)

Just an ordinary day in Balkan Sorry, I can`t explain this long story short even in Serbian, not to mention in English. We will be fine, don`t worry

08. October, 2008. The UN General Assembly has voted to refer Kosovo's independence declaration to the International Court of Justice. The ICJ will be asked to give an advisory, non-binding opinion on the legality of Kosovo's declaration of independence from Serbia in February.
09. October, 2008. Montenegrin government recognized Kosovo without debate in its parliament.
10. October, 2008. Pro-Serbian opposition in Montenegro started to hold a rally to urge the government to withdraw its decision to recognize Kosovo's independence, or call a referendum on the issue.
11. October, 2008. Balkan is again the headnews on CNN

------------------------------------------------------

(Chaz)

Hi Gerry,

Yep, I was there. A beautiful country. ajkula also spends some time there as well.
I just happened to be there when the .ME domain was released.

My friend ajkula above gave me some good tips about the place and gives a nice synopsis of recent history there.

Like most places, it has good people and lets just say "interesting" politics. hehe.
And my Munich friend blitzpotz is right about the Germans being there in bunches.
Hey blitz, whats with the need for the Germans to always be naked on the beaches there?
Fun time there, accomplished what I needed to and then left for Panama where I am currently located.

I've recently accomplished what I needed to do here also.
Now off to North Coast, Dominican Republic in 2 or 3 weeks. Nice place. We will settle there for a bit while we have our baby.

My job as a GlobalHelper and Asset Manager takes me to many places and allows me to meet with many interesting and wonderful people.

Smart guy that Schwartz about the .me play! Speculative but looking good!
.ME and.MOBI sounds good together, doesn't it? hmmm...

Thanks for caring Gerry.... you ROCK!

Note: From previous conversations with these guys, I believe Montenegro is trying to gain acceptance into the EU.

Seems US politics is not the only hotly contested contests.

It is quite amazing. When I was in Yugoslavia in the 1970's, Tito was still in power and none of this slaughter in the region went on. It was one of the most beautiful and peaceful and friendliest Eastern Block countries.

And to think that the Winter Olympics were held in Sarajevo, Yugoslavia in 1984. From what I have seen of that city now is all the town in pretty much in ruins for the most part.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom