Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Will undeveloped, trafficless non-prime .eu domain names have value?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Azam.net

Azam Marketing, Inc.
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I see a lot of people getting domain names such as (made these up) linuxfriends.eu, amenworld.eu or visithouston.eu

These domain names often have no relation to Europe or the European Union. They have no meaning in most European languages. The words in the domain are not searched that often in combination, certainly not in the EU. Neither are they typos of big brands or major websites.

The owners don't seem to have any intention to develop the domains, just sell them on.

Do you think there's much value in these domain names? I'm talking over a thousand dollars lets say.

I've owned such domain names in the past and never been able to sell them, even though they were .coms.

Depending on various factors I personally would rank .eus behind .com, .net, .de, .co.uk, .us and, after the current hype, it will probably slip even further behind. With most .eus having been acquired by domainers with no intention to develop the site, many people will probably not bother typing whatever.eu in their address bar thinking they'll just get another Sedo landing page.

Was just wondering what the 'experts' thought :)

dvestors

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
azam.com said:
Will undeveloped, trafficless non-prime .eu domain names have value?

No. Same goes for undeveloped, traffic less, non prime .com's. Plus, who knows if the prime .eu's are even valuable at this point :noidea:

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom