• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Will Vista effect search engine traffic?

Status
Not open for further replies.

discdrome

DNF Member
The Originals
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Sep 20, 2004
Messages
362
Reaction score
1
Windows Vista uses the Microsoft Live search engine by default, so out of the box any search's will be conducted on live.com I have a few sites that do very well on live.com but not so good on google. Currently traffic is not great from live.com but I think I can expect to see this rise as Vista usage increases.

Currently google is dominating all my logs for my domains, it will be interesting to see if Microsoft start to claw back traffic as Vista gets installed.
 
I doubt it will rise by much, maybe a few percent. People will still use there favourite search engines. According to nielsen netratings for december 2006, google holds 50.8%, yahoo 23.6%, and live/msn 8.4%, Aol 6.1%,

http://www.netratings.com/pr/pr_070123.pdf
 
don't forget google paid 1 billion to Dell to make sure they were the default search provider on all Dell PC's.

I prever live search myself!
 
don't forget google paid 1 billion to Dell to make sure they were the default search provider on all Dell PC's.

I prever live search myself!

Some of my sites prefer live search as well. I am no1 for search "subtitles" which is great no so good on google. Have to see if the traffic increases over the coming months.
 
I doubt it will rise by much, maybe a few percent. People will still use there favourite search engines. According to

This is the same mentality when IE was bundled with Windows and Netscape users were like..."we are better so people will use us". We all know how well that went. Whenever MS bundles a product into it's OS it takes a strong hold on the market. MANY users just use default settings and it may take them years to figure out how to take control over windows.

I'd be willing to be that it will be more than a few percent who will use LIVE. I place it in the range of 15-25% within 24 months. That's significant.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom