Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

Wisenic.com Horror Story

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dotted

Connecting The Dot
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
In spring of this year I purchased a domain on Sedo for $60, but a domain easily worth $600 if not more. The domain at the time being registered at Wisenic.com I chose to leave it there not expecting what was coming ahead of me. The domain was due to expire in mid august so I went to renew it and did so, the payment was made via PayPal. To my surprise the domain had not been renewed despite me paying the renewal fees so I contact the registrar explaining them the situation, giving them the PayPal transaction ID but no answer. The domain went then in redemption period but still not answer while I had sent 2 other emails in the meantime. At the fourth email in which I expressed how dumbfounded I was of their complete lack of interest, they replied by telling me that it was too late, they couldn't renew it!

I had a lot going on at the time so I forgot about the whole thing, it's when I checked the domain last week that I found out that the domain had been registered by someone else meaning that Wisenic.com never tried to get the domain back.
I sent them an email and asked for a refund, not just of my renewal fees but also of the domain cost, $60 (attached was the Sedo invoice) as it was them the responsible for the loss. They finally issued a refund but only covering the renewal fees.

End of story, Wisenic.com doesn't care about its customers and if you have domains with them I advise you to move them from there or they might vanish.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
As part of a Sedo purchase always ask to transfer the domain to the registrar of your choice. They would not have to reimburse you for the Sedo cost, that's not their fault.

Dotted

Connecting The Dot
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Did you even took the time to read what I wrote? What's that to do with Sedo?

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
You meant to say "did you even take the time".

Actually, I did. Here's what you said:

I sent them an email and asked for a refund, not just of my renewal fees but also of the domain cost, $60 (attached was the Sedo invoice) as it was them the responsible for the loss.

Let me repeat it with Christmas bells chiming: they are not responsible for whatever $$ you paid Sedo to acquire the domain.

Dotted

Connecting The Dot
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
A bad reader and a grammar nazi in top of that.

They are responsible in that I lost this domain because of them, their incompetence in renewing my domain. So yes indeed they should be paying for that loss, it's the very least they should do.

Onward

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

They are responsible in that I lost this domain because of them, their incompetence in renewing my domain. So yes indeed they should be paying for that loss, it's the very least they should do.

Wow dude, settle down. Acro was just pointing out what you did not understand....and I understand being pissed off but at the end of the day...it is $60. Not enough to get your blood boiling.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score

I can be your angel or your worst nightmare, depending on the amount of intelligence that you display.

Apparently, you were born with enough brain damage to fail to comprehend what people are conveying to you.

As for the Nazi part, Americans liberated France from the nazis, you ignorant French frog.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
"They finally issued a refund but only covering the renewal fees."

I'd say that was a minor loss. Plus, as you said, "I had a lot going on at the time so I forgot about the whole thing"..., you're luck you got anything at all this late in the game. As for the renewal, well -to me, your renewal fee WAS PAID and the domain WAS RENEWED and EXPIRED AGAIN this past August.

So blaming Wisenic.com does not seem to be the real issue here...your lack of attention and keeping track of your domains is the issue.

Honestly, I can not believe Wisenic even bothered to give you a refund at all. And you say "Wisenic.com doesn't care about its customers..." after they give you a refund for the purchase price??? From early spring? And you let the name expire in August? In your Wisenic account?

Somewhere on the internet, Wisenic.com may be posting a warning to other registrars Beware of DNF member DNcat!

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
So blaming Wisenic.com does not seem to be the real issue here...your lack of attention and keeping track of your domains is the issue.

Doc, this d*uchebag doesn't get it. It's as if one rents an apartment in Paris, then one day pays the rent to the butcher to give it to the landlord and takes off on a vacation to Morocco. When he comes back 6 months later he wonders why his stuff are in the garbage. Oh, the horror.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm just amazed at the title - Horror Story.

After reading this, it is quite clear what really happened.

and he's b*tching?

dn-101

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
DNpig,
you should check your family's Vichy connections before you call anybody a Nazi.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
How do you say "pure ignorance" in French?

Here's another fun part:

when I checked the domain last week that I found out that the domain had been registered by someone else meaning that Wisenic.com never tried to get the domain back.

If a losing registrar ever tries to grab a dropping domain, they'd do it for themselves. Someone hand DNCat a tissue and a Domainers FAQ manual for Christmas.

theinvestor

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
i'd like to know what the domain was ;) "easily worth $600 if not more"

i bet it wasn't even worth $60

Dotted

Connecting The Dot
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Ha ha... looks like wisenic got themselves a mob squad. French dog? DNpig? You're hurting my feelings :'( but more than that your business. My advise? Don't touch a french domain because you won't be able to sell it.

Another advise? Turn Fox News off and read some Howard Zinn so that next time you mention history you won't sound like two neo-nazis.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Now you know why the French use the word "douche" to indicate a shower.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Oh, poor baby whiner Paul "DNCat" contacted Francois of Domaining.com calling me a xenophobe :D

What can I say other than, "merde". Stupidity cannot be healed by any infusion of wisdom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators