Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

WLS it is!

Status
Not open for further replies.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Since we are both OpenSRS Registars ourselves may we also do a business arrangement with OpenSRS and if so how much do you think they would charge for it?

It seems odd this is not more common than it is, if it's so readily available to affiliates.

Domain summit 2024

You could use the OpenSRS Batch interface today to try to snag dropping names, however high frequency queries of this facitily is not encouraged either.

the prospect of a dropped name system offered by OpenSRS was discussed and put on hold back in February as I recall (search the discuss list archives).

Peter Ejtel is the manager responsible for the project at Tucows.

The problem is that the WLS will squash any efforts that anyone puts into a system at this time, so until the fate of WLS is determined, no one wants to invest the kind of money that a real dropped name system will require.

If the WLS is effectively blocked, I would guess we will see a dropped name service from OpenSRS available to resellers within a few months. I believe they were ready to actually start beta testing when they put the project on hold - as Verisign announced they were taking over the dropped name market once and for all...

-t

Drewbert

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
>But how then do you explain the fact there has been much evidence
>BuyDomains.com manages to grab names 12 to 24 hrs before most of us
>can, in view of the fact they are NOT an ICANN Accredited Registrar?

You're not understanding the system correctly. That's the reason.

>It will level the playing field so the average person will be able to also get
>expired names, instead of BuyDomains.com getting most of the good ones.

I'm sorry, but what sort of idiot honestly believes they can beat buydomains/ultsearch to a WLS subscription?

Level the playing field. What a f'ing joke.

The only things that will change is Verisign's stock price will recover and Snapnames (through their patented "parallel registry technology" - guffaw) will be laughing all the way to the bank.

Anyone who publicly supports WLS is a fool who will soon never get the chance to register a decent name every again.

mole

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Drewbert
[BAnyone who publicly supports WLS is a fool who will soon never get the chance to register a decent name every again. [/B]

:D Agreed, why reregister decentname193283.com when you can register name.info or name.biz?

But we will see Drew, we will see. The current drop system has been cracked by insider arrangements and there is nothing Verisign nor ICANN can legally do.

Bring on the WLS!

You're wasting your breath Drewbert.

The whingers and WLS advocates seem to think the only advantage the key players have is their current registrar deals and that removing them by implementing the WLS will bridge the gap.

They just don't get it.

mole

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Absolutely, WLS will mean the death of a cottage industry that has major bucks riding on recycled names.

MillerTyme

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I am applying for new credit cards just so Ill be able to blow 20k the first day WLS opens. Forget about a new car.

MillerTyme

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Im on the DNSO mailing list and you should see the way Mike Mann of buydomains has hissy fits and convulses about how unfair WLS will be. All of the people who are part of the DNSO and are protestign WLS refuse to admit they theyre ONYL protesting because theyll lose the $$$$$$ fees theyre charging for private access to dropping domains.
NSI's WLS is the lesser of two evils IMHO

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by MillerTyme Im on the DNSO mailing list and you should see the way Mike Mann of buydomains has hissy fits and convulses about how unfair WLS will be. All of the people who are part of the DNSO and are protestign WLS refuse to admit they theyre ONYL protesting because theyll lose the $$$$$$ fees theyre charging for private access to dropping domains. NSI's WLS is the lesser of two evils IMHO

If BuyDomains is against the WLS it certainly proves that WLS will tend to level the playing field. If it did not he would not be so against it, is that not correct?

Like I said before, WLS will force him to shell out large amounts of cash and working capital to buy WLS subscriptions, something I seriously doubt they will do. :D

P.S. Would like to visit or join DNSO but what is it? Please give the URL. Thanks.

If BuyDomains is against the WLS it certainly proves that WLS will tend to level the playing field.

I disagree with your interpretation of that. The WLS will affect their costs not their success. The WLS will simply make the domain game more expensive for the bigger players (who can afford it) and lock out the little guys.

dnso.org is the url.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators