Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

WLS poll

Will the WLS benefit individuals and small businesses???

• YES

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • NO

• NOT SURE

• DON'T CARE

Votes: 2 14.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mike

Poll: Do you think implementation of the Waiting List Service (the WLS), which is on the table coming up at ICANN's next meeting, will give individuals and small businesses a better chance to register domains they want than the current 'system' in place ???

Domain summit 2024
M

mike

I started this poll and voted 'NOT SURE' because it seems to me that even though the stated 'intent' of the WLS might be to help level the playing field between individuals and domain hoarding companies that are vying for the same domains, I am worried that in actuality it will only increase costs all around and just change the 'game' to hoarding "WLS" subscriptions by the same few who are dominating the current expiring domain market.

In short, I want to believe the WLS would be better and fairer than the current system, but am very, very, skeptical about it.

Casting your vote and stating your opinion on this matter is very much appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators