Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

closed Women.org

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

toho

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yeah, under my control. May be...
I will go check my account now.

Thank you for your info.

Still in my account. :)

Beachie

Mr Flippy Returns..
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I don't want to rain on the parade, but this domain is definately stolen, like distribute.com, size.com, bedroom.org, abz.com, soj.com, osk.com, bhn.com and many more before them.

I was watching women.org for several weeks, as it was due to expire, so I have the original whois. The guy goes by several aliases, and his last was Alexandr Ilin.

He has just stolen Euros.com - so expect to see that on eBay next..

timechange.com

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Also, same guy put on auction these domains:

Radioactive.com
Shanghai.net

Restecpa

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Cant original owners do some kind of reverse transfer back to them?
Originally posted by Beachie
Hi Guys,

I don't want to rain on the parade, but this domain is definately stolen, like distribute.com, size.com, bedroom.org, abz.com, soj.com, osk.com, bhn.com and many more before them.

I was watching women.org for several weeks, as it was due to expire, so I have the original whois. The guy goes by several aliases, and his last was Alexandr Ilin.

He has just stolen Euros.com - so expect to see that on eBay next..

Y

_Yakov_

This $&%$%% NetworkSolution and ICANN should do something ASAP. It' is idiotic to have a system that offers no appropriate protection against fraud for such valuable assets.
I have bought one stolen domain in the past... pretty bad experience. Those crooks keep stealing domains and the valume of steals gets bigger and bigger. I heard from one domain dealer that someone have stolen all his domains just the other day.

Restecpa

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yakov: Did you have to return that domain then? So you lost money?

PS: So once "thief" transfers them somewhere else, you cant get you domain back?

Y

_Yakov_

Originally posted by Restecpa
Yakov: Did you have to return that domain then? So you lost money?

PS: So once "thief" transfers them somewhere else, you cant get you domain back?

It was a company's website.
Very interessting thing - the website was up and running and their emails were active. So, once I changer the DNS, it diabled all company's emails, I was emiailed by someone asking how come I managed to hold the domains of his friend. So I called up the previous owner and basically he said that he needs to bring the domains back to work asap cause he can no longer accept emails... finaly we neegotiated a sale that exeeded the amount I paid for the domain. He had to initiate an investigation trough FBI to get his money back from the thief but seems like he never did although he paid a considerable amount.

Y

_Yakov_

BTW, Here is an idea, it might be an old idea but it becomes more and more relevant - someone has to open a website and provide a service - security to your domains. I bet, if a big fish will start such a project the success is somewhat giaranteed. ;)

Nexus

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by _Yakov_
BTW, Here is an idea, it might be an old idea but it becomes more and more relevant - someone has to open a website and provide a service - security to your domains. I bet, if a big fish will start such a project the success is somewhat giaranteed. ;)
Someone could just publish a "FAQ" on it. Most of that type of information is so useful and practical, that you'll probably only find it in an eBook for sale.

Someone could purchase DomainSecurity.com today from Buydomains.com though... do the world a favor and clear the air on the topic.

~ Nexus

URLCollection

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
This seller was sure up to something. We emailed him twice and got no response the day of the auction. We have a client that wanted this name and our Domains Dept. did some background on the domain and discovered that is was a potential "high-jacked" name. We wrote them to ask these questions and he never wrote back. Hope you are all set Toho? DotComGod was the buyer if front of our proposed bid I guess. iVillage owns the .com and .net and would have liked the .org as well. What a mess - Wish the Best to all on this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators