Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

cctld Won a few names from Pool.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spex

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
A couple of weeks back and I'm still going back and forth with service@pool.com and service@internic.ca trying to get access to my names. I admit I'm a complete newbie, but does anyone now how this process works?

I won the names, got emails confirming I won the names, asked to complete a CIRA merger to internic thing, but it's been almost 2 weeks and my domains are still not in my internic account (but I see that I can transfer names to internic for $50 per…yeah right)

I'm probably not making any sense, so if you have any questions let me know because I'm not getting anywhere with customer service

Also one other thing, according to CIRA's whois, the 3 names are registered at 3 different registrars but their DNS servers are all the same, ponting to pool.com

Thanks

Domain summit 2024

Ricks

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The names would be at different registrars because Pool uses many different registrars (which they all own) to capture expiring names in the drop. It's not a worry.

I haven't had any trouble in past emailing Pool asking them to change DNS servers after winning a name in drop. But I don't believe they are able to transfer it out to a different registrar as soon as they obtain the name until a holding period is over (30 days?).

liberator

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
no the holding period is only 30 days on new registrations, you can transfer out a domain caught through tbr anytime after receiving it. :D

I've not used pool much so I'm not much help with your question.

fwdtech

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
You probably will NOT see the domains in your internic account, as internic is a separate registrar.
Your major concern should be that they are in your CIRA account.
It will probably be difficult to change name servers. (If the 30 days has passed, it's easier to transfer to namepro or baremetal, and then update.)
For future reg's, log-in to your Pool control panel and update your default name server settings.

Rebel.com

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
no the holding period is only 30 days on new registrations, you can transfer out a domain caught through tbr anytime after receiving it. :D

Unfortunately this information is incorrect, the 30 day no transfer period applies to all new registrations including TBR domains. TBR domains are registrations that have fully expired, deleted and been re registered.

liberator

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks for clarifying that Jason, I wasn't aware of that. I guess I've just never tried moving a name within the 30 day period after a drop.

whitebark

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I've found with pool that you have to keep pestering them constantly in order to get any action out of them. Nothing like winning a traffic domain but being unable to switch the dns for 10-14 days while they reap the traffic... :sigh2:

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I've found with pool that you have to keep pestering them constantly in order to get any action out of them. Nothing like winning a traffic domain but being unable to switch the dns for 10-14 days while they reap the traffic... :sigh2:
BINGO and Amen!

THE NUMBER ONE REASON I no longer give pool a second thought or penny of my business.

theinvestor

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Go into preferences and change the DNS settings. There is no need to ever have to email pool.

whitebark

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

Rebel.com

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
during the 30 day no transfer period you can have the DNS changed any time you need to by emailing service@pool.com. If you have done this and are not getting a timely reply feel free to PM me and I will see what i can do about speeding things up for you.

Ilze

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Not everyone parks at one place or are like me and use multiple servers.

Yes, Of course, I also use more than one parking place, but my point is that at least you have your own parking place as a default, so you are making money, and NOT POOL......until you can have the dns changed yourself.

Spex

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Wow, this thread came back to life!

Where I'm confused, is that my 3 domains were caught by 3 different registrars (no access to my webmail from here, so I'll have to post them later) but my CIRA merger emails all mention internic.

And now internic is telling me to contact pool and pool was telling me to contact internic (although I haven't heard from pool in almost a week now)

Counting down the days until I can transfer out of pool (or where ever my almost $500 worth of names are)

Rebel.com

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Spex, I work for the parent company to both Internic and Pool. PM me the details and I'll look into this for you and get you all sorted out.

Ilze

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Wow, this thread came back to life!

Where I'm confused, is that my 3 domains were caught by 3 different registrars (no access to my webmail from here, so I'll have to post them later) but my CIRA merger emails all mention internic.

And now internic is telling me to contact pool and pool was telling me to contact internic (although I haven't heard from pool in almost a week now)

Counting down the days until I can transfer out of pool (or where ever my almost $500 worth of names are)

Gotta sleep between posts :)

All the cira mergers mention Internic because that is where your RAnt was first created. Has zero to do with anything. Again, another CIRA useless passoff of responsibility. I stopped counting the days...30....to be exact. I have all my domains at Namespro, and ask them to do the transfer after 30 days. they put it in their software on their end, and voila.....I get a transfer after 30 days automatically!!!! this is a nice way to not have to worry about Pool and management. I often go to my cira account and access my list to see where domains are sitting....I then immediately transfer out to Namespro or send NP an email asking them to do the transfer as soon as the 30 days are up. I love their support, bulk rate, and auto renew feature.

Spex

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Spex, I work for the parent company to both Internic and Pool. PM me the details and I'll look into this for you and get you all sorted out.

PM Sent

Spex

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks Jason

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators