Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Would like to speak to someone who has owned "revenue sites"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maxwell

Formerly known as grcorp.
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I've got a bit of a budget to work with to purchase some revenue-generating sites; preferably off of Adsense.

Since I have absolutely no experience with this, I don't want to go blindly into my first purchase.

I'd like to speak to someone who has experience owning these sites - ideally with some buying or selling of them as well.

I'm just looking to become familiar with the process as I get my feet wet... the best ways to increase revenue after purchased, what the best way to maintain the page ranks are, that sort of thing.

This is a conversation I'd like to have over the telephone or over Skype. I'd just want 10 minutes or so of someone's time - and would be happy to return the favour in some fashion.

Shane

Account Terminated
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
What size site are you looking to buy?

Maxwell

Formerly known as grcorp.
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
What size site are you looking to buy?

Probably should have answered that in my initial posting...

If you are talking "size" in respect to content, then I'd be looking for at least 100 or more pages. I know it's no secret that content is king.

If you are talking "size" in respect to revenue, I'd be looking for no less than $200 per month in revenue. What that translates to in purchase price, I suppose depends on whatever the appropriate revenue multiple might be.

I'm open minded in both respects, though. What I'm endeavouring to discover, however, is the "basics" of the whole thing.

DomainMagnate

Domain Magnate™
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi Maxwell,
I buy and sell revenue sites, so I can help you if you have some quick questions.
Generally your biggest concerns with such sites are the risk of fraud, as many sellers may exaggerate, fake or simply manipulate their revenue figures to show higher revenue than it really is and losing the google rankings and traffic. You may need to make arrangements to have the site frequently updated and promoted a little.
Most are using wordpress and you can usually transfer them to another hosting quite easily, so the technical side is not complicated.

Shane

Account Terminated
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Probably should have answered that in my initial posting...

If you are talking "size" in respect to content, then I'd be looking for at least 100 or more pages. I know it's no secret that content is king.

If you are talking "size" in respect to revenue, I'd be looking for no less than $200 per month in revenue. What that translates to in purchase price, I suppose depends on whatever the appropriate revenue multiple might be.

I'm open minded in both respects, though. What I'm endeavouring to discover, however, is the "basics" of the whole thing.

Content sites don't need to be 100+ pages to make $200+.

Beards.net has under 30 pages of content and receives an average of 500 uniques a day, which makes over $200 from Adsense and Amazon per month.

As you said, the key is quality content but that's truly hard to come by.

DomainMagnate can probably verify that growing websites sell for heavy multiples while dying websites sell at a discount. I guess the point is, be CAREFUL buying and make sure you do your due diligence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom