Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

appraise Would love to get opinion about these domains

This thread is an appraisal of the domain name requested.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
me either

what made you acquire them?

imo...

Dan73

Level 2
Reaction score
Thank you both.
They are all new. My idea.
May I ask in which tools you use in examining domain name?
I believe I am using wrong tools, which eventually direct me to come with useless names.

werejack

Level 3
Reaction score
Trafficthirst.com
Picquickie.com
Afftr.com

Thanks in advance
Hello,
I have to agree with earlier posts. They have little value if any.

will try and give a crash course in dmain name investing....
Domain names of value generally fall in following categories:
1. Generic names e.g Apple.com, Amazon. com, etc.
2. Keywords e.g shoes.com, toys.com, kitchenware.com etc.
3. Brandables (my favorite and area i have decided to focus on) e.g FaceBook.com, Google.com, Sedo.com, Flippa.com etc... This category requires some knowledge, experience and SKILL.
4. Acronyms e.g IBM.com, NFL.com, BBC.com etc.
5. Numerics e.g 360.cn, 123.com etc.
6. Alphanumerics e.g mp3.com, 4WD.com etc.

Each category has numerous potentil for money making.
From your above names, you fall either under Keywords or Brandables. Sadly, the names do not follow the rules for it to be a valuable Brandable or Keyword rich domain name. Keyword rich are useful for Search engine optimization I believe (I haven't really done a lot of research on these type of names) so your names (as examples) would have to be something like AutomobileTraffic.com or InternetTraffic.com, QuickPhotosOnline or VeryQuickPhoto etc.... To be a brandable, it would have to be memorable, short (not always) have two or three words that have compatible syllables, proper names, descriptive, generic as some guidelines...e.g FastFoto, GoTraffic, Traffly etc but it requires knowlegde and skill and i just thought up these names on the spot so even if they arent taken, do register them unless you know what you are doing. so PicQuickie and Afftr although brandables, they do not have WIDE appeal that would make them fetch a good price.
But now that I think about it, PicQuickie may have some potential with a bit of branding and marketing...

I got the above information from Michael Cyger of DomainSherpa.com. there is a lot of helpful information on domain name investing

good luck

werejack

Level 3
Reaction score
Hello,
I have to agree with earlier posts. They have little value if any.

will try and give a crash course in dmain name investing....
Domain names of value generally fall in following categories:
1. Generic names e.g Apple.com, Amazon. com, etc.
2. Keywords e.g shoes.com, toys.com, kitchenware.com etc.
3. Brandables (my favorite and area i have decided to focus on) e.g FaceBook.com, Google.com, Sedo.com, Flippa.com etc... This category requires some knowledge, experience and SKILL.
4. Acronyms e.g IBM.com, NFL.com, BBC.com etc.
5. Numerics e.g 360.cn, 123.com etc.
6. Alphanumerics e.g mp3.com, 4WD.com etc.

Each category has numerous potentil for money making.
From your above names, you fall either under Keywords or Brandables. Sadly, the names do not follow the rules for it to be a valuable Brandable or Keyword rich domain name. Keyword rich are useful for Search engine optimization I believe (I haven't really done a lot of research on these type of names) so your names (as examples) would have to be something like AutomobileTraffic.com or InternetTraffic.com, QuickPhotosOnline or VeryQuickPhoto etc.... To be a brandable, it would have to be memorable, short (not always) have two or three words that have compatible syllables, proper names, descriptive, generic as some guidelines...e.g FastFoto, GoTraffic, Traffly etc but it requires knowlegde and skill and i just thought up these names on the spot so even if they arent taken, do register them unless you know what you are doing. so PicQuickie and Afftr although brandables, they do not have WIDE appeal that would make them fetch a good price.
But now that I think about it, PicQuickie may have some potential with a bit of branding and marketing...

I got the above information from Michael Cyger of DomainSherpa.com. there is a lot of helpful information on domain name investing

good luck
*Edit*
Meant to write so Do not register the names even if they are not taken unless you have an idea how and where you will sell them...

Dan73

Level 2
Reaction score
Werejack
Many many thanks for the important tips and tools! As a beginner I am sure I have a lot to learn.
Thanks again all of you

werejack

Level 3
Reaction score
Thank you both.
They are all new. My idea.
May I ask in which tools you use in examining domain name?
I believe I am using wrong tools, which eventually direct me to come with useless names.
I dont know about the rest, but the tool that I have found most effective is my brain and my instinct. I am also knew to domaining and have just put up my first name on sedo. but have been reading and learning for about 8 months before i tried getting my feet wet.
so far, selling seems harder than finding a good name...

PS: some of the tools are scams. a simple algorithm made to lure people to a website pasted with ads.... Estibot.com seems to be a recommended tool at a fee. i havent used it though

Reaction score
Don't get hung up on estibot. A domain can never be appraised automatically beyond the very obvious market for certain types of domains. Even then manual appraisals are better but still subjective. There is no hard and fast rule on what will sell and what won't.

werejack

Level 3
Reaction score
Don't get hung up on estibot. A domain can never be appraised automatically beyond the very obvious market for certain types of domains. Even then manual appraisals are better but still subjective. There is no hard and fast rule on what will sell and what won't.
I agree, refining your skill and judgement are more important than starting out with the appraisal tools and lead generators...
a tool will not be able to generate a name like Qwertium.com (and yes, it's taken) and the same tool will appraise it as having little vale since it isn't a keyword or a generic english word but for branding it is worth who knows....

werejack

Level 3
Reaction score
Werejack
Many many thanks for the important tips and tools! As a beginner I am sure I have a lot to learn.
Thanks again all of you
most welcome, Dan73...

I am equally a beginner but read a bit about domaining. Just put up my first domain for sale two days ago and selling domains is a new challenge. so we both have quite a lot to learn...

Resources:
1. DNAcademy on YouTube hosted by Michael Cyger.
2. DomainSherpa.com also hosted by Michael Cyger.
3. DNJournal.com publishes weekly domain name sales. gives an idea of what people are buying and at how much. But also remember that many sales in this industry are kept private and go unreported to the public.
these are my personal favorites but there are many sites, blog articles on domaining.

Dan73

Level 2
Reaction score
I think I will focus on keywords domains as a start, since brandable domains are very hard to invent, and the others already caught.
So for last try before taking a nap and focus only on maximum publishing of my domains, I registered today the name facialchange.com.
good luck with your domains

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
buying the right domain, is much easier to sell

but many new domainers don't focus on that

it takes time to learn, what names to buy

then it takes time to learn, how long to hold them

but when it's time to sell

it takes time to learn, how much to ask for them

then, it takes time to learn, how to say "no thanks"

at least until the right offer comes along.

it takes time, and those who don't have enough time - on their watch...

will watch their bankroll shrink, cuz their names will prolly stink. :)

Good Luck!

imo....

Dan73

Level 2
Reaction score
Thank you imo. Btw do you all use google trend a reliable tool for domain evaluation?

werejack

Level 3
Reaction score
Thank you imo. Btw do you all use google trend a reliable tool for domain evaluation?
Thanx.
Good luck with growing your portfolio.
Yes choose a niche you are comfortable with and gain experience as Biggie poetically put it...

Quote: You can't learn how to swim from reading a book. A lot of the shared experiences will help avoid obvious rookie pitfalls but certain lessons will have to be learnt by trial and error.

PS: IMO is In My Opinion... yeah, I also googled it after I first came across it on this forum. Lol...

Reaction score
I dont know about the rest, but the tool that I have found most effective is my brain and my instinct. I am also knew to domaining and have just put up my first name on sedo. but have been reading and learning for about 8 months before i tried getting my feet wet.
so far, selling seems harder than finding a good name...

PS: some of the tools are scams. a simple algorithm made to lure people to a website pasted with ads.... Estibot.com seems to be a recommended tool at a fee. i havent used it though

Don't believe in estibot price, it is a bot price.
They will shoot a high price, your expectation will be high.
You will find no buyer in those price.

Reaction score
I agree, refining your skill and judgement are more important than starting out with the appraisal tools and lead generators...
a tool will not be able to generate a name like Qwertium.com (and yes, it's taken) and the same tool will appraise it as having little vale since it isn't a keyword or a generic english word but for branding it is worth who knows....

What you can do with Qwertium, think that first.

Brandable sells are very low.

werejack

Level 3
Reaction score

Agreed.

After reading the post on 9 tips for Domaining on this forum, I read a bit and analyzed some of the top sales to see how many brandables were there. I agree, there were very few. And many of the sales like Apple, Amazon, Uber, FaceBook, Sumo, BBC, Mint dotcoms were more as a result of a NEED by that business to upgrade like TheFaceBook.com had only FaceBook.com and later fb.com or completely rebrand... Sumowhatever.com had option of sumo.com or go home, bbcNewsEtc.com had to get bbc.com or piss off... the list goes on and on. So Brandables are extremely subjective and payoff if you are paired with a client who has a strong need or use for that specific domain name... otherwise, buyers have many alternatives unless it is an appealing four letter word like hulu, uber, lyft etc (which arent cheap) or a generic word like lipid, amazon or you hit the domain jackpot and are sitting on a brandable domain that a buyer desperately needs...

Brandables are only as valuable as the buyer thinks they are... it depends on branding/marketing strategy and a lot of subjectivity... and not a profitable niche if you are selling to domain resellers... They are experienced and have little subjectivity or impulse when purchasing domains which are useful when selling to end users... at least that is my perception so far.

that's my two cents for now....

werejack

Level 3
Reaction score

yes true, think of uses first is essential.
I gave the example to emphasize that there are certain things a bot may get wrong that only an experienced person may get... especially if that parameter hasn't been factored into the algorithm.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom