Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Would you approach the .com owner if you owned the .co.uk version?

MangoPrime

Reaction score
I own the .co.uk version of a domain name.

Google is showing that the .com version is registered to an established company.

Would you approach them to purchase the .co.uk version before putting it for sale?

Domain summit 2024

MangoPrime

Reaction score
I'd never heard of them before but then they are a US based company and I am in the UK. They have other extensions like .biz etc.. and they seem to have quite a following on their social media too.

Reaction score
If the sole purpose for the existence of the domain is because of their company I wouldn't. If it's a generic term that they happen to use as their company name I would. Really without knowing the domain it's hard to say.

Mr. Deleted

DNForum.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Point is, is it a made-up term or a generic name like "apples," and I would check with the USPTO to see if it is a trademarked term for their company.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Would you approach them to purchase the .co.uk version before putting it for sale?

Hi

did you acquire the .co.uk version, after seeing who owned the .com?

or did you own the .co.uk before the .com was registered?

is there any other companies/service who use the same name in USA or UK, in another extension or with additional words?

how much would you ask for it?

keep in mind that, when you reach out and try to solicit a potential, then your leverage is reduced
and....if the .com owner does not operate in UK, then they really won't need it.

those are just some points to consider, but in the end...it's up to you.

imo.....

Mydazz

Level 1
Reaction score
I want to sell my labeautyservices.com. How do I get beauty shops in LA interested? I didn't see any related searches on Twitter and Instagram. Please help, this is my first domain.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators