• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Would you hand over a PPC account to get a sale?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Honan

New Member
The Originals
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Mar 17, 2003
Messages
3,943
Reaction score
4
A person emails me that they saw a bunch of my names on here
They want to buy them subject to their acceptance into a specified reputable company's PPC program
I apply for acceptance and I am given a new account and import the names
Then the buyer wants me to give him/her my user id and p/w for the new PPC account to prove the names are there

I refuse

What would you do?
 
Did he send you the code for the new PPC? May be he just want to earn affiliate commission.
Btw, giving user id/password is against TOS.

Tell him to wait for 6 months so you can be sure that the new account is working and get back to him.

Stay away if you smell something fishy.
 
Sure sounds like they are trying to say, "Sign up for me under your reputable name as I can't under my own."
 
I agree with the above statements, decline politely
 
Bet you it was trafficz they were trying to get into wasn't it?

Got the following email a few days back:


From: ******@yahoo.com>

To: *****@gmail.com

Subject: intrested in domains for sale

Hello
I would like to buy all of your domains but i have one
request! Please try to sign up with these names at
Trafficz.com and if you get accepted I will buy all
your names 100% because this is why I would like to
purchase your portofolio, I wish to buy and park at
Trafficz.com but I dont want to buy your names and
get rejected! Waiting your reply as soon as posible,
thank you

p.s. domains listed at http://www.dnforum.com/
 
Thank you all for the valued advice
No, it was not an affiliate
Yes it was the email with "interested" misspelt
Yes, it smells fishy to me
Next time, I will tell him to stick his offer where the sun doesn't shine, politely of course
 
We could always hunt them down and........click click
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom