Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

developed wouldyouhitthis.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

mmorgensen

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Wouldyouhitthis.com is a picture rating site, similar to HotorNot.com. People visit the site, post their picture, rate other pictures, and see how sexy other people think they are. Users can send private messages to each other, post to the forum, or bet with fake money on "pony" events. Nudity is NOT allowed in public areas of the site. For full disclosure, there is nudity in private areas of the site: private picture albums, private messages, and private groups.

Users have the opportunity to "upgrade" their account, for a yearly fee of $15.00 payable via Paypal. Upgraded accounts do not see advertisements, so there is a trade-off from a revenue perspective (ad revenue vs. subscription revenue).

The site has a very loyal base of users, and is completely run by a group of volunteer moderators. As the owner, I give direction and set rules, but I rarely get more involved than that. Typically the owner involvement revolves around modifying fields in the database to delete records or try and find "bugs" in the code; for the past 2 months we have been "bug" free!

Currently, WouldYouHitthis.com has around 500,000 registered members.

Currently the site is the #1 Google result for, among others, "hit this", "rate pictures", and of course "would you hit this".

The site is 100% custom code written in PHP w/ a MySQL back-end.

Traffic Stats
Taking an average for the past 6 months, we get approximately 17m page-views from 132,000 absolute unique users. (as reported by Google Analytics. Full reports available to any serious parties).

The site hovers between the high 20K and low 40K ranking on Alexa. Currently it's 3 month average is 38K.

Traffic is seasonal; higher once College starts, and lower when it's out. Traditionally the higher traffic season is end of October -> June.

Revenue Stats
Revenue is earned from RightMedia's DMX, Rubicon Project, PeanutLabs, and Membership Upgrades. A 6-month average revenue income is around $2000.

Operating Costs

The site has two primary costs for operating, server co-location fees and amazon S3 storage fees. We own our servers, do our ownmaintenance, and just pay a datacenter monthly co-location fees for bandwidth and power ($100/server/month). Our servers are used for other projects, and are considered a 'sunk' cost for most of our operational expense calculations. When we took over the site, we added two servers to support the web load. These servers cost us $100/each per month to co-locate, for a total of $200 per month. If you have our own servers, or can do like we did and piggy back this on an existing platform, you will save yourself a lot of money in hosting expenses. If the purchaser wants to purchase our server infrastructure and take over the hosting fees, we can discuss this as an option too.

Amazon's S3 averages around $470 a month.

Income (EBITD)
Over the past 6 month, the site has averaged a profit of $1400 monthly.

Why sell?
In January of 2008 I purchased WouldYouHitThis.com from a member on this forum with the intent to reduce operating expenses, increase revenue, and grow the traffic. Over the past 10 months my crew of two has worked towards these goals. We have greatly optimized the site, fixed the broken parts, and reduced the operating costs down from $2500/month to under $700/month.

The current economic downturn has hit my personal finances hard and has prevented me from continuing with my outsourced re-development on the site. While the idea of selling the site has never crossed my mind, recent conditions are forcing me to explore this option.

Buyers
I will consider offers above $35,000 for the domain name (Wouldyouhitthis.com), source code, member data, Amazon S3 account (i.e. a complete transfer of the whole site).

Included in the sale will be my personal services to help move the dns, php code and mysql data to your servers. Any sale will need to use escrow services from escrow.com. The buyer will need to assume all operational duties, and release money from escrow, by Dec 1, 2008.

The physical hardware is not included (servers/switches/etc). If you are interested, we can discuss this as an option.

A general overview of traffic via Google Analytics will be provided to any serious parties making an offer. To protect the investment, detailed traffic and revenue reports will only be provided to the purchasing party once money is in escrow.

Investors:
For the past month I have been trying to drum up money to support my future vision for the site. If you are not interested in purchasing, but are interested in making a investment, please contact me. I'm actually more interested in making a investment deal than selling the site.

I welcome your PMs about this opportunity, and I will try and reply to all of them in a timely manner.

Cheers
Matt

Domain Summit 2024
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom