• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

closed .ws the emerging alternative?

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.

Is .ws emerging as a "new" TLD alternative?

  • Yes, it looks like it

    Votes: 3 25.0%
  • No, .ws reg will die out

    Votes: 7 58.3%
  • .cc will surpass .ws

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • only time will tell esp. given the .us "success"

    Votes: 2 16.7%

  • Total voters
    12
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi TM, maybe you can adjust the poll. ".cc will surpass .ws" is a bit funny to me, cause .cc has a longer history than .ws.

Interestingly, .cc is more popular than .ws (and .us!) according to www.domainworldwide.com :).
 
Thanks for the info and the link. It is very valuable. I knew bits and pieces of the history of the .cc and was referring to recent woes related to "new" Verisign ownership.

I sont believe I can edit a poll :(
 
It is inevitable that .ws and .cc are going to keep gaining popularity. I know that currently there are over 500,000 .cc's registered. And it's not slowing down. I registered a few .cc's myself, such as "Lot.cc" "Optic.cc" and "Ebet.cc". I look at it this way! If an Tld. will work worldwide, what's to stop it from gaining popularity? after all, it is only 2 digits to type and easy to remember one's at that. Take my advise and get on the bandwagon, while you still have time.
 
Don't you guys know you are not supposed to bring LSD into the forum? Since we love you we will keep an eye on this thread and try to talk you down. :)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom