Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

closed www.plento.com

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RON2

@domainbuyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure what the quesiton is. The domain itself, is worth very little on it's own. Maybe $20

If you're asking if it's possible a big multi-million dollar company would ever put the bucks behind "Plento" to be their famous trademark? Possible, but highly unlikely. It doesn't sound that good.

Names like Yahoo, Google, Verison, aren't just discovered and instantly worth millions. They require big dollars, or at least a remarkable product placed behind them.

I'm not against these types of names at all. In fact I like imagining the potential of possible brandable names. I did register "slashy.com" afterall. ;)

Hoodrider

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
well if i did something dramastic with it and submitted it to the news.. i could get the name out, then with all the publicity it could be worth alot.

P

President Gringo

Originally posted by Hoodrider
well if i did something dramastic with it and submitted it to the news.. i could get the name out, then with all the publicity it could be worth alot.

:rolleyes: *slaps Hoodrider across the head, hands him a coffee, and tells him to smell it*

Any name is worth something if its got money etc pumped behind it....in most cases you would not be buying a name but a business......for example, if i managed to buy ebay.com, i would effectively have an auction company...all i would need is the software and i have a business worth hundreds of millions.

This forum is about appraisals, not about "what if i done this". Well, if i got www.turdonastring.com, and pumped millions in it, then sure it would be worth something. What makes your name worth less than, say sex.com, is that you need to pump a fortune into it, while sex.com probably has never spent a penny on advertising yet has millions of hits a year.

Business seminars to be available to people at $50 a lesson shortly :D

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
$1 million, maybe 2...

after you do that dramatic thang! lol.

Tippy

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I dont think any large company would put major bucks behind this name. Like others have said its not really a nice made up name. I would forget about it and find something better.

Mike

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Hoodrider

Why on earth would the news media publicize this name? I am the media director of a company that has spent over a million dollars building an internet business. I try to talk media people into giving us coverage every day (and we have over 1,000 sports and entertainment celebrities signed to our site). Getting free coverage is like pulling teeth. They are in business to SELL advertising, not give publicity away to everyone who walks in off the street with a name they made up.

In short unless you have a minimum of a million dollars to start with, you are not going to get this name branded nationwide. Our company did have a million to start with and we still haven't come close to branding our name nationally. We expect that to take another year or two and probably another one or two million dollars.

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by kidkool
reminds me of the game plinko from the old gameshow "the price is right".

I thought of plinko too... :confused: lol....

Hoodrider

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
plento , mento, planto, plinko... i dunno.. i think i give up!

Hoodrider

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
i just figured it out..... plento it could be the next planet in the solar system. i better get on the phone to nasa. lol

Ed30

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking that your buy it now price might be just a tad too high!

NamePopper.com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I just spent 10 minutes reading this whole thread - and the only things that I came away with - was a guy talking about doing something crazy - and then reporting it to the news so PLENTO will become a household name - and then there was PresidentGringo's post regarding www.TurdOnAString.com - and even that turned out to be a bad link.

You guys just scare me sometimes. :eek:

Hoodrider

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
gregr -- whats yada.com? how much do you want? does it get hits. ed30--- my buy it now price to high? lol... what are you talking about? lol that auction costed me a lil over $5 i better atleast get $1,000,005.00

Ciqala

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hoodrider,

Buy joinMycult.com from me and build up a following including lots of disillusioned hollywood celebs and get them to plug Plento.com (you could even focus your cult around the planet plento, y'know the place from where your alien co-conspirators originate and where all followers will be taken come the second coming of elvis to bring destruction to the world through fatty snack foods).

just think $100 now and you can have all that wonderful publicity for free in a matter of weeks. :D

Hoodrider

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
and people can eat and hang out at places called "planet plento"

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Ed30
I'm thinking that your buy it now price might be just a tad too high!

I think so too. I really don't see any way this name will pull more than half a million dollars given that we are currently in a down market :laugh:

Hoodrider

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
so you think i should change it to $500,000?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom