• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

closed www.villas.com

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.
sasquatch said:
After all he's got a degree in economics and math, and an MBA from Stanford, has been selling multimillion dollar properties for decades, his Spanish-based business grosses couple of M per year, and he has had this domain since 97.


And a MBPrick from :censored:
 
~Richard said:
And a MBPrick from :censored:

He does come across like some wise ass, doesn't he. For such showoff salesman and marketer he seems awfully unaware that such approach is not very benefitial to his cause.
 
Creature said:
Steve

Back to your domain name, I hope that you get the price that you are looking for. The guys with the cash in here seem to like it.

Yeah, and it seems that the guys without the cash hate it, and me for owning the damn thing. And despise me for letting it lay semi-dormant for so long. I don't get it. Oh, well, such is life.

For every derogatory remark that has been made on this now well worn out thread, I have recieved many more positive, constructive comments and many PM's (32 at last count) from some really switched on domainers wishing me well and contributing really superb ideas that have been tremendously helpful. They've shown me the best road to take and have confirmed a price that I find very, very cool. Heck, Rick Schwartz and Gary Kremen have even been in touch. Let me publically thank each and every one of you, I applaud your honesty, and hope I can return the favour someday. Just ask and I'll do my best.

So, let's just let this thread die a peaceful death. I don't think there's anything to be gained in the continued negativity. OK everybody?

All the best,

Steve
 
steveatvillas said:
Heck, Rick Schwartz and Gary Kremen have even been in touch.

You poor naive soul, did they offer to buy this from you? Of course not. Did it ever crossed your mind that maybe some of them are using you to promote their own agendas, giving you false hopes, that fake b.s. camaraderie thing prevalent among the chubby, middle-aged greasy snake oil salesmen, wearing the shirts with images of palm trees on them. I bet their suggestions have been to hold out for another nine years because "the market" will mature (eventually). Maybe it will...

but it doesn't mean it is now...

for you...

yet,

you're selling now.

Bottom line is,

have you ever asked yourself what exactly is it that you offer in return for a million dollars?? Although I personally like the way your site looks, it still is nothing but a glossy web brochure. Furthermore your current "site metrics" will never inspire bidding wars of the kind you hope. Finally, the word "villa" (or "villas") is not that commonly used in the U.S. to say the least. In fact, I don't think it is used at all except around the pretentious Euro wannabes crowd in Napa Valley or Palm Beach, but just because it's perhaps used in their vocabulary it doesn't mean that they can find the use for such a domain, because they make money the old fashioned way. So it seems to me you are better off looking for European buyers, and we all know (including you who spent years with them and around them) that European buyers aren't that stupid, pardon, generous with their money.

So yes, at the present time your name+site is nowhere near close worth your hoping price. Just because you read that apparently and supposedly some speculative U.S. based bozos shell out big money for some names, it doesn't automatically applies to you.

In fact that is the reason you came around here didn't you? You are hoping to ride coattails on the recent big sales and sneak one pass the bewildered wide-eyed newbies with more money than brains, since for nine years you were impotent even in your well-conected realty world to find the "right buyer" in Europe.
 
steveatvillas said:
Yeah, and it seems that the guys without the cash hate it, and me for owning the damn thing.


People dont hate people for owning valuable domains.. the hate and dislike starts when the owner of that domain reply to almost every appraisal with a certain type of attitude and telling the person they have no idea what they're talking about.

Out of the thousands and thousands of members here, everyone has a different experience level, and not everyone will think the domain is worth the same..

Theres been times when people come through with valuable and non valuable domains who just hate to have replies that dont hit their asking price.


good luck with your sale
 
sasquatch said:
The domain industry is a self-serving ecosystem that feeds on itself

Sas:

I think your signature says it all, as regards your take on the biz, don't you?

I don't believe I mentioned a million. But the PM'ers and others who have contacted me direct, with positive comments and no agendas, have shown me a way to make much, much more.

I'm not the leisure-suited white-shoed golf-buggy type....although I do have a collection of really cool vintage hawaiian silkies from the 50's. I think one has a pineapple on it, but no palm trees.

I'm still truckin',

Steve

come on, let this thread die....

OK, OK. Everybody gets one last shot at me. Let's go, get it out of your systems....

I'm sure there's someone put there who wants to tell me where I can put the pineapple.
 
Take the best offer that you´ve had. Was it 125k? As a new domainer I would bite the hand off and go shopping. Or wack it on ebay!
 
I speed read over this thread. Villa Steve rubs me the wrong way. He should find another forum for bragging.

I appraise villas.com at $10K if I have to buy from you. I appraise at $175K if I'm buying from anyone else.
 
I stick to my $1 million appraisal.
Prove me wrong Steve - sell it for more! :-D Good luck.
 
:closed_2:

I believe this thread should be closed because of the insolence here. Enough with the bickering, it is a domain and stop ruining the community by constantly flaming people. I will try to make an unofficial rule for this thread that if anyone says anything destructive and/or insulting, it should call for a one month ban from the forums!

Enough with the childish behaviour everyone!


Matt
 
Sad to see the thread became a war.

My personal opinion. I was always told strike while the iron is hot. I am a natural born flipper :) If it were I, take the $125K and run...tomorrow could mean more, or less. Now if the money doesnt matter hold out for years. Because quite frankly the big money in this business has spoken and finding that end user is no easy task. I wish you the best as I do all here. Josh
 
2006 Prices: Property.com/Properties.com $36,000,000

Big Ticket Domains ...this legit? Talk about outer space prices. Then again, Facebook.com (yes, I know it's developed) turns down $750 milli0n and is asking $2 billion. What could Property.com/Properties.com be worth if developed?
 
Yeah Harry and smonline:

This is wild, isn't it? If Rick gets 36m for Property/Properties, or any others on BigTicket get anywhere near their prices, it's gonna redefine the market for excellent, cognitive and brandable one-word domains.

I did also notice quite a few FISBO's on Big Ticket, too.

Cool, huh?

Steve
 
Steve,
I'm not a domain expert, nor have got even 1/10 of the money of your domain value, but I would like to give you my humble opinion :)

If I were you, I would invest something and hire someone to develop a website for you - once you have got a website running on this domain, with a wise SEO strategy and the proper time, you will really have a treasure in your hands. I would not rush trying to sell it undeveloped.

Cheers!
 
Facebook.com (yes, I know it's developed) turns down $750 milli0n and is asking $2 billion. What could Property.com/Properties.com be worth if developed?

google.com undeveloped would have value like $1K, now as developed market cap is recently $120B. Even asdf.com if "properly developed" could have such value...
 
Harry said:
2006 Prices: Property.com/Properties.com $36,000,000

http://bigticketdomains.com/

Snowball's chance in hell.

NavySeals91 said:
:closed_2:

I believe this thread should be closed because of the insolence here. Enough with the bickering, it is a domain and stop ruining the community by constantly flaming people. I will try to make an unofficial rule for this thread that if anyone says anything destructive and/or insulting, it should call for a one month ban from the forums!

Enough with the childish behaviour everyone!


Matt

People argue, fuss and fight (Tammy Wynette?), especially when provoked. This is not Utopia. Can't take the heat, stay out of the kitchen.
 
TheLegendaryJP said:
As a realtor Ill tell you what I tell my clients. We can ask anything you want, what you get is another story.


I'm a realtor as well JP, here in Ohio and I must agree ... asking and getting are definitely 2 separate things!

They can ask for 2B for faceXXXX all day, but what they actually sell it for ...?
 
"Even asdf.com if "properly developed" could have such value"

Possibly...but would have to be the first to capture the overwhelming market share of its niche. That's why property.com has a built in advantage for development - namely its name, giving it a out-of-the gate advantage over domains that would compete in its market, eg... billybobsproperty and brainsurgery.com
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom