Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

www.vztools.com for sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

Varlin

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Domain VZTOOLS.COM and website.
BIN: $38,000.
Transaction will be securely handled by ESCROW.COM
Estimated ROI: 27%-35% per year.

I will allso bundle 80+ modest traffic-generating domains (a $3000+ value) that are currently redirected to VZTOOLS.COM. I currently have 100+ domains redirected, but I want to keep a few beloved ones (i.e. myownname.com, mywifesname.com, and the like). Rest assured that I will not keep just the best-traffic ones for myself.

Only serious offers. Domain & site currently generate a decent multiple-stream income, which is VERY PASSIVE. I only spend 30 minutes every 4 days to update website. If you are even lazier than me, you can "outsource" the maintenance and work only 15-30 minutes per month.

Traffic:

- Variable, 300-800 uniques per day.
- Sedo stats, including long-term charts, available at the bottom of each page.
- I have never used AdWords or Overture to drive traffic to VZTOOLS.COM. All traffic has been FREE. I haven't spent a dime in sponsored searches.

Sources of traffic:

1) Natural searches in all 3 major search engines: Google, Yahoo, MSN.
2) Returning visitors, bookmarked pages.
3) Some domains for sale, which are redirected to www.vztools.com/forsale.asp.
4) Link partners? Recently added link exchange page.
5) Type ins/typos? There is a company called VR Tools, and also an eBay ID "vztools".

Revenue*:

1) YPN typical income: $550-$770 /mo. September 2006 is well above $550 already.
2) Commission Junction affiliate sales: $120-340 /mo. August check was $304. Mostly GoDaddy sales with 20% commissions.
3) 1&1 affiliate sales: $370 in 7 mo (monthly income varies a lot).

*Does not include domain sales through the "forsale.asp" page, as it is not passive revenue, but involves direct negotiation with the buyers.

Expenses:

- Hosting: $14.99 per month (http://www.vztools.com/x/xMShosting.asp) and I don't even count it because it's very powerful and I host more than 5 websites on a single package.
- Anything else?: NAH.

Contents that drive traffic:

1) Filtered lists of expired domains.
2) Home page with tips, tools and suggestions for webmasters on:
- Hosting
- Domain registration
- Domain backordering
- Content copyright protection
3) Whois query
4) Domain availability tool (turbochecker). Currently deactivated.

Other features:

1) PageRank: 4.
2) Alexa traffic rank: ~240,000.
3) Listed and indexed in all major search engines.
4) Ranks 1st for a myriad of searches containing domain names. Example:thebrisket.com
5) Website has a custom-made, web-based, admin panel to upload domain lists, generate filtered pages, check hits per page, etc. Basic operations don't even need FrontPage or private PC, you can run it on the road from any PC. FrontPage is required for website changes, but not for regular maintenance.
6) Main e-mail account, [email protected], is managed through hotmail.com, so it can be checked at home or on the road and one does not even need to bring one's own PC. Everything with the nice look, speed, and ease of use of Hotmail, instead of slow webmail services.

Ideas that can be implemented to increase income even more:

-Daily domain lists sent by email
-Ebook on capturing expired domains
-Ebook on buying and selling domains
-Selling permanent textlinks to other websites
-Domain appraisal services

Varlin

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I just found out that VZ Tools has gotten very decent positions in Google, Yahoo, and MSN for the non-quoted searches 'domain backordering', 'backorder chances', 'backorder domains', 'backordering expired domains', and some others, so I think I will continue SEO'ing it for a while.

If it does not sell now, it will sell later, when it skyrockets to first positions in all major SE's, but of course, the price will increase, along with the earnings.

Happy bidding to y'all.

Varlin

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
$18000 private offer received. Please no PM's or emails, I want others see the process transparently. Post your offers as a reply to the thread.

BTW, 15-20 times earnings is a bit low for a consistent cash cow that requires almost no maintenance.

Varlin

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Got my direct deposit of $670, plus $304 from commission junction, plus $72.50 from 1&1 affy sales, not counting domain/website sales. This site generates nice cash and incurs in $0 advertising expenses.

Varlin

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Sorry, I am not going to sell VZTools.com for less than 28K, it is making enough dough to justify the asking price. I keep getting higher Google positions for "backorder domains" and other related search terms.

Varlin

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Alexa rank is now near 186K, soon it will be among the 100K most visited sites.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators