• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

closed www.Zikada.com

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tonyfloyd

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Apr 3, 2007
Messages
3,218
Reaction score
2
Please appraise... arcade site that i've been developing....

zikada(dot)com

any thoughts/feedback?

Thanks
Tony
 
anybody with any thoughts/feedback?

thanks
tony
 
Tony, if you are developing a site, it would be easier to appraise that based on traffic and usage.

Otherwise, this name alone is at least reg fee.

Very strong phonetics and a cool sounding name that may brand itself well to an arcade sight.

Bring it on!
 
site is developed and has traffic.......any feedback?

tony
 
I should of have visited your site first before posting earlier....scratch it.
 
Long time loading, lots of pop ups.

I see the stats which is not bad for a new venture.

Catchy name. I'd be interested in knowing the traffic and revenue in a couple of months.
 
tony! i will have those other font logos done by tomorrow night! busy busy week!
 
Thanks Raider Girl...Thanks Doc Com......

actually dont know what Zikada exactly means....it is a catchy name though....the stats for april are:

Apr 2007 307 392 1527 17463

307 - unique visitors
392 - # of visits
1527 - pages
17463 - hits
 
Sometimes, it doesn't have to mean a thing. Like you say, its a catchy name.

My ceuq.com means nothing except to those that know it and use it. 105,000 users in 2005, 355,000 users in 2006, and already more than 150,000 users for 2007.

I don't even worry about the page ranking and all that. No intention of selling. Purely a specialty site that has grown by leaps and bounds.

Wish you the best and it seems you have a great start...and name!
 
Thanks Doc! Wow....nice on your cueq.com site!.....how did u get that kinda user traffic?.....any tips?>...:)

id love zikada to have half of that...:)

tony
 
Started out word of mouth, popular search rankings, and just the word spreading around. Should hit 500k this year.

Have 9000 postcards that I am getting ready to mail out to all the hospitals in the nation. Wow, what a postage bill. Will do a couple thousand at a time. 24 cents each. Will have a company meter them for me. That will add about another $350.00.

If it pays off, users will perhaps number in the millions. All free to use site, all medical specialties represented. Value, marketing, and branding. That is what brings the traffic.

Soon will be selling space to hospitals to post jobs etc. Huge shortage and paying a pile of money week after week for ads that get no results. With this one site, advertisers will be able to reach hundreds of thousands of medical professionals in all specialties. Looking to hopefully add national sponsors such as a medical equipment manufacturer or drug company.

I am not too crazy about the link exchange thing but it ideal for your site. I have CJ and LinkShare ads on the backend of the site. These were just recently added. Not sure if there have been results. I know my wife uses them to shop.

I will remove all of these once sponsors pay to sign up. I wanted to get my numbers up before marketing the site to potential sponsors. Now numbers are up so time to market.

Plus, it never hurts to help others out.

See this:

http://ceuq.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=35&Itemid=87

Best viewed in FireFox.
 
wow....hey thanks Doc!!....i just sent you a pm.....i didnt even see your link until now.....thanks!!....u want me to return favor on zikada site?....:)

any other thoughts/feedback?

thanks
 
Added the link while you were sending the PM.

If everyone on the forum spent more time helping each other rather than pissing and bitching, we might all get somewhere.

This was done in a matter of minutes. When I get more time I will alter the image to fit the size of the others.

I never ask for anything in return.
 
Thanks Doc!!

Amen!!....by the way i sent you a long PM reply...sorry if it puts u to sleep...lol....but yeah i agree with you 150%!!

let's cut the BS and get to work!!....:)

tony
 
Thanks Doc!!

Amen!!....by the way i sent you a long PM reply...sorry if it puts u to sleep...lol....but yeah i agree with you 150%!!

let's cut the BS and get to work!!....:)

tony
:asleep: :asleep: :eek:

Naw, its all good.

You're right...time to kick some domaining ass!
 
Yeah!...:)..

any other feedback/thoughts on zikada?

thanks
tony
 
I don't like it man it redirects me to some other site once is loaded your logo is WAY TOO BIG. Your layout is same as default that comes with the script.. Sorry mate I don't see any value in it. :(

Cheers
 
thanks Angel

I am going to change logo...the re-direct just popped up recently....i have no idea what is causing this...any feedback as to how i can find out so i can stop the re-direct?...and can i change the default layout?......i recently bought this site and am still trying to fine-tune it slowly.....any feedback?

thanks
tony

thanks Angel

I am going to change logo...the re-direct just popped up recently....i have no idea what is causing this...any feedback as to how i can find out so i can stop the re-direct?...and can i change the default layout?......i recently bought this site and am still trying to fine-tune it slowly.....any feedback?

thanks
tony
 
i just changed logo...and fixed the re-direct...any thoughts/feedback?

stats for April so far are:

Unique visitors - 570
Number of visits - 739
Pages - 2880
Hits - 34395

thanks
tony


i just changed logo...and fixed the re-direct...any thoughts/feedback?

stats for April so far are:

Unique visitors - 570
Number of visits - 739
Pages - 2880
Hits - 34395

thanks
tony
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom