Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

Yahoo and MelbourneIT question

Status
Not open for further replies.

cbk

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score

Last edited:

Joel Smith

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Firstly..I would sincerely suggest you not consider Yahoo..I feel those people are major cheats..it's just flimsy marketing that they bank on..they talk about providing Domains at really cheap pricing ($ 2) and manage to pull customers but when it comes to renewal a charge of $ 11-12 is obviously not worth the incentive..plus I have come across a host of registrars who actually offer you a better management interface and features at reasonable rates..I would suggest invest a little more and gain peace of mind..a lesson learnt!

The point you mentioned about you still being displayed as the registrant seems to be some stupid scam in the making since once a Domain is deleted it normally is shot back into the domain pool or picked by some after market provider..You don't have to pay anything for those domains since you didn't explicitly renew them and they as registrars cannot force you to renew any domain.

Mediamarket

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If you don't want the names then you don't have to pay. But, if you want the name then they are within their rights to ask you pay the past renewal price for the years that you have yet to pay.

They likely renewed them in error by not sending the delete command to the registry at expiration, it certainly wasn't a favor (or I'd be very surprised)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom