Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

Yahoo announces change in parking rev programs-- "most click charges to drop"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vision

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Big thanks to DomainName Wire for the story -- I'd be interested to learn more details with respect to this Yahoo announcement -- starting when? what % decrease? Which verticals ("small fraction") will see click charges increase?

Domain Name Wire » News » Yahoo! Change May Hurt Domain Parking Revenue - The Domain Industry's News Source

Yahoo! Change May Hurt Domain Parking Revenue
Friday, August 14th, 2009
Change in pricing algorithm may lower parking payouts for domainers.

Yahoo! (YHOO) just announced changes to its pay-per-click advertising program that will change the amount advertisers pay for clicks based on click quality. The company says it plans to “expand the adjustments” it already makes to click charges based on the quality of traffic the advertising source delivers.

Although this may seem like it has an upside — good domain traffic would be rewarded — it appears to skew in the other direction. In an email to customers, Yahoo! wrote:

These adjustments will be based on our assessment of the performance of the traffic source, and will not be affected by the quality of your ads. Based on our analysis, we expect that most advertisers will see click charges drop or remain unchanged, while a small fraction of advertisers may experience an increase in click charges.

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This has already been implemented from what I know..most of us have already been affected by these changes to the TQ system recently.

I have seen big drops in some click values while other have stayed the same, like it says.

Donny Simonton

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Focus - This has not been implemented yet. I was told on Monday that it would probably happen the first week of September. Basically in a nutshell, if you have a low TQ score, you will be paid less. If you have a high TQ you will be paid more. Or that's what they told me while I was at their office.

Donny

Poker

Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Focus - This has not been implemented yet. I was told on Monday that it would probably happen the first week of September. Basically in a nutshell, if you have a low TQ score, you will be paid less. If you have a high TQ you will be paid more. Or that's what they told me while I was at their office.

Donny

Donny my TQ score has gone from a 10 in July to a 4 recently...what could explain that? The only changes I have made has been adding 10-20 names a week to the system. BTW my both My RPC and Revenue has been cut down since Aug 6 to more than 50% of normal.

Last edited:

tonyfloyd

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Donny

Donny....

Isn't this how it's been all along?....how would for ex. a TQ of 8 before this change....be different than a TQ of 8 after this change?

ebatcave

Platinum Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have a list of criteria that lowers a TQ score?

Donny Simonton

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
When the original TQ system came out, I assumed if there was a $1.00 click and you had a TQ of 10, then the advertiser would be charged the $1.00. If you were a 9, then $0.90, and so on until you were a 1 and then the adveriser would be chaged on $0.10. But as of right now on average we are seeing that an advertiser who has a click from comes from a TQ of 1 is charged about $0.50 to $0.60 for that $1.00 click.

I think the new changes will put everything back in line, but still not even to the point of my original expectation. To me when they explained it to me with no pictures allowed, no recording devices, and no charts, it sounds like it's some type of bell curve system. If you are a 7 to 10, I don't think you will see much a difference in the new system. 4 to 6, you will see a small difference. 1 to 3, you should probably look for a new business.

And people who don't currently have a TQ score, I was told that it would be easier for you to get one after the change.

But I have received 0 documentation and I don't expect to get anything either. So whenever it goes live we will all find out together as we figure out what changes have been made. As a friend of mine who owns a Google based parking company told me, "At least Yahoo tells you something is going to change, then you can try to figure it out, Google doesn't even tell you anything changed, because they don't even know something changed either."

Donny

Poker

Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Seems strange that just before these changes my TQ score has gone from a steady 10 all thru July to a 4 in August.

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Confusing to say the least.

Stats way behind today?

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
I have no TQ score. Yahoo will most likely send me a bill for displaying ads on my domains.

wolfis.com

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
stats seams way way off for this time of the day - also results of the past 3 days "are truly nothing to write home about.." - i guess this yahoo thingy is just another excuse to take more money away - into their pocket - and pay us even less - i can almost guarranty that even with a TQ of 10 at your whole portfolio you will see i nice decline in payout - and NO ONE will see an increase - its quite simple - they pay a lot less for your domains they don't like and pay the same ( at the most) if they like your domain.

so do the math !

you will make less !

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
"Traffic Quality" ..i.e. if your traffic converts into "conversions" for advertisers, whatever those conversions may be as determined by them and then add it all up and subtract it from itself and multiply by Pi and then divide that by the temperature outside and thats your TQ Score. :smokin:

tonyfloyd

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
"Traffic Quality" ..i.e. if your traffic converts into "conversions" for advertisers, whatever those conversions may be as determined by them and then add it all up and subtract it from itself and multiply by Pi and then divide that by the temperature outside and thats your TQ Score. :smokin:

I thought it was divided by your weight on the third Tuesday of every month???.....:)

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Right, almost forget bro. Add a dash of salt and there ya go, TQ Score. :smokin:

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
On a serious note, why does Parked use Yahoo vs. Google as the main ad provider?

Donny Simonton

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Poker - Send me your username and I'll see what I can tell.

Stats were behind, only about 10 minutes behind right now, were about an hour earlier.

Acro - We use Yahoo because at least in the US they still pay about 8% more than Google. Outside the US it's another story.

Donny

Kirin44355

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I am new to Parked.com and have no TQ score. I have over 100 domains parked there right now. I have almost finished optimizing them. 99% have been indexed.

So what now? What else can I do to get a TQ score?

When the original TQ system came out, I assumed if there was a $1.00 click and you had a TQ of 10, then the advertiser would be charged the $1.00. If you were a 9, then $0.90, and so on until you were a 1 and then the adveriser would be chaged on $0.10. But as of right now on average we are seeing that an advertiser who has a click from comes from a TQ of 1 is charged about $0.50 to $0.60 for that $1.00 click.

I think the new changes will put everything back in line, but still not even to the point of my original expectation. To me when they explained it to me with no pictures allowed, no recording devices, and no charts, it sounds like it's some type of bell curve system. If you are a 7 to 10, I don't think you will see much a difference in the new system. 4 to 6, you will see a small difference. 1 to 3, you should probably look for a new business.

And people who don't currently have a TQ score, I was told that it would be easier for you to get one after the change.

But I have received 0 documentation and I don't expect to get anything either. So whenever it goes live we will all find out together as we figure out what changes have been made. As a friend of mine who owns a Google based parking company told me, "At least Yahoo tells you something is going to change, then you can try to figure it out, Google doesn't even tell you anything changed, because they don't even know something changed either."

Donny

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom