Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

You can't pre-order domains for new gTLDs, but you can go on a "watchlist"!

Status
Not open for further replies.

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You can't "pre-order" domains for new gTLDs, but you can "go on a watchlist" for new gTLD's. The way the pricing works is different for every gTLD.
When a new gTLD is set to allow new registrations for it, they have the registrations roll out in stages:

1. Founders Program: People are allowed to purchase the premium domain names but have to pay big bucks for them
  2. Trademark Sunrise: People who have registered trademarks can apply to have their trademarked name blocked so only they can register it.
  3. Community Sunrise: Usually only with gTLDs, geographical areas can get the rights to their name.
  4. Landrush: This is basically the first phase of the general availability. People can register a domain name and pay higher prices, but they're not guaranteed to get it. If there are multiple registrations for one domain name, then it is auctioned off to whoever is willing to pay the highest for it.
  5. General Availability: This when the prices go down for the gTLD and people can register whatever domains are that are left.
  6. Reserve Auctions: This basically the same as the Landrush but instead, it's the domain registry that auction them off (at different intervals). They have the option of withholding whatever domain names they want and then auction them off.

(See http://www.newgtldsite.com/new-gtld-launch-sequence/ for more detailed information)

So with that information, your best bet is to go to http://www.enom.com/tlds/watchlist.aspx and put in whatever gTLD (or domain name) your hoping to snatch up and then you'll get notified when it starts to go public.

You can also email bari@enom.com for more details.
Note: Neither Enom nor Bari know about this post in advance.

Domain summit 2024

jrzeygirl

Best Customer Support
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the shout out Adam! Looking forward to seeing you soon! ;)

Scorpiono

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Particularly why I rammed your FB today, Adam. Was curious what's your opinion on the value of these new TLDs. I just pre-ordered quite a few, they are in a "pre-purchase" status right now but no idea when they actually become available. I've used name.com. What's your take?

Scorpiono

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Just found out that .clothing will be live on 27th Jan and .tips around mid. Feb.

Scorpiono

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
No luck on .clothing, $350 wasted. Hopefully will get a refund though..
I just heard about the EAP but no idea how name.com allows me to bid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators