• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Offers YouHaveMail.com - 10+ years old with history

Status
Not open for further replies.

petercol

Level 3
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Sep 13, 2008
Messages
995
Reaction score
4
YouHaveMail.com was a web based email service in 1999 with over 30K members at its peak before being shut down due to a lawsuit by AOL. The lawsuit was won by US, but the name was never re-developed. This is truly a piece of Internet history - the AOL VOICE SAID "YOU'VE GOT MAIL" BUT THE VISUAL SAID "YOU HAVE MAIL" . This would be a great developable email service name.

Best offer gets it.
 
Last edited:
The name seems good. However, I have to ask. If AOL sued before, what's to stop them from suing again once this name gets developed?
 
They LOST the suit - they lost in their claim of infringement upon their mark of You've Got Mail - it is a non-issue.
The name seems good. However, I have to ask. If AOL sued before, what's to stop them from suing again once this name gets developed?
 
Sorry. I misread what you wrote.

I'll bid $50
 
You said best offer gets it. My $50 bid was pretty serious.
 
I offer two double burgers...WITH cheese.
 
They LOST the suit - they lost in their claim of infringement upon their mark of You've Got Mail - it is a non-issue.

I may make a bid but have a very important question about a lawsuit being a non-issue if decided or dismissed With Prejudice or Without Prejudice?
 
It was dismissed with prejudice.
I may make a bid but have a very important question about a lawsuit being a non-issue if decided or dismissed With Prejudice or Without Prejudice?

Two double Kobe beef burgers plus cheese made from the teat milk of the Phascolarctos Cinereus cinereus (New South Wales Koala), imported specifically for the French Laundry restaurant - should run about $700 with tip and a bottle of wine.
I offer two double burgers...WITH cheese.
 
Can I ask what range you are looking for? Does the domain have traffic? PM me if need be.

thank you,
-Mike C.
 
No stats (nothing significant) selling for DEVELOPMENTAL value NOT existing traffic / revenue multiple.

BIN IS $600, BUT I'LL TAKE THE BEST OFFER RECEIVED BY MIDNIGHT TONIGHT, 10/7/09 (SNIPING RULES IN EFFECT - 10 MIN ADDED FOR OFFERS MADE WITHIN 5 MINUTES OF END

This isn't and wasn't intended to be an auction, just a "Best Offer" within a certain time frame. I have received offers by PM, but all offers MUST be posted in this thread.

Thanks


Peter....

Any stats?...BIN?

Tony
 
If this is still on I will bid $120
 
I assume since you are in West Palm beach that it is 9pm EST?

EDIT
Sorry...meant Midnight EST
 
Last edited:
I assume since you are in West Palm beach that it is 9pm EST?

Huh? It's 11pm here in Florida now :P ends in a hour I assume...


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom