• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

For Sale Your best Unexpected Drop pickup?

Status
Not open for further replies.

guile

DNF Member
The Originals
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Mar 3, 2004
Messages
350
Reaction score
2
Just wondering what domains people have picked up from unexpected drops. Anything good? Link Pop?
 
I know Beatz got one that wasn't bad :-)
 
What name? I never seem to find anything great. Maybe I just don't know what to look for. I've picked up a couple decent names here and there, but as far as link pop, I rarely see anything with 100 total links. I guess my question is, does the occasional 1000+ link domain ever unexpectedly drop? Or $1000 name? Maybe it's just me, but sometimes it seems like the lists I get have already been screened.
 
few months ago i pick up Teledyski.net from unexpected drop.
Its linkpop is less than 100. I just reg for fun.

Then shortly after when i saw the stats, there are lots of type in.. WOO HOO.

I continue to find more about this domain, realise Teledyski means video clip in polish.

No wonder there are so many type in :ok:
 
skylight said:
few months ago i pick up Teledyski.net from unexpected drop.
Its linkpop is less than 100. I just reg for fun.

Then shortly after when i saw the stats, there are lots of type in.. WOO HOO.

I continue to find more about this domain, realise Teledyski means video clip in polish.

No wonder there are so many type in :ok:

They sure do a lot of "ski"ing in Poland.....................

Congrats on the name.

I never got anything from the unexpected drop lists and drive myslef crazy with other lists........
 
beatz got wwf.com for like 8.75 NW bid I believe.
 
That kind of sums it up, yep. :-D
 
Nice pickup...Suprised more people didn't bid?
 
guile said:
Nice pickup...Suprised more people didn't bid?
wwf (world wrestling federation) had to change their name to wwe (world wrestling entertainment) because of www.wwf.org . Their might be some issues with that domain. (wwf.com)
 
I believe wwf.com was deleted to avoid legal issues (by the WWE).

So it didn't go through the whole drop cycle.
 
That name made beatz a living legend :-D
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom